South Falls and Maple Ridge Loop

South Falls and Maple Ridge Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 718 feet Route Type: Loop

Even though the uphill is rough on me I enjoy this hike every time! There was trail maintenance done last week.

Great hike with kiddos

Excellent mid-week hike when not so crowded. The jaunt up Maple Ridge will certainly get your heart pumping.

Easy trail. Quite a bit of stairs.

Went on Wednesday, July 24, 2019, after work. After work, my co-worker said she was going hiking at Silver Falls in Oregon.  She wondered if anyone was down to go, and few of us said, "yes."  We all went home to change into our summer weather hiking gear, consisting of shorts and tanktops, backpacks with snacks.  I took Trevor's K-Bar, a neck knife, a taser (you never know), granola bars, peanut butter sandwich crackers, pineapple juice, and water, a second cell phone as I knew I would be using one phone for pictures and the second phone could be backup in case of emergency.  I also brought rubber sandals and a hoodie.  I come prepared for the worst sometimes.  I had never hiked in Oregon, so this was my first and I had not researched the trail.  We saw a few garter snakes, many chipmunks.  I don't think I'd ever seen a chipmunk in person before, so I was surprised at how small they were.  We waded in the water, and it was shallow and cold.  It felt good on bare feet. There were few steep switchbacks, but benches greeted us a few times so we could cool down and relax before finishing the loop.  The trail is highly trafficked, but has many beautiful views.

These waterfalls are beautiful and the surrounding area was great for all the little ones we had with us. However, This area is so accessible that it feels more like a park. Will come back to do the ten falls, but come knowing it’s a picnic/park like atmosphere and most of the trail is fenced or marked off. If your hoping to go play in the falls the south silver is not your place.

Great hike with the family. Beautiful views.

beautiful trail and view. a must see. parts of the trail is muddy and wet. recommend waterproof shoe or boots. watch out for lots of ticks. picturerisk hike.

really nice hike, little muddy and misty behind the falls - my kids loved it.

Ended with the falls - lovely, misty hike.

I did the hike backwards from what this site shows to do, it helped not to have all the incline. Brought my 11 year old brother and he did just fine. A little muddy in some spots but no ice. Had a great time.

Beautiful trail in the fall, the Canyon Trail takes y ou through the South Falls is an easy hike. The return Maple Ridge loops through the forest which is peaceful in the mid-morning before it gets super busy.

Beautiful and not too hard.

Friday, August 31, 2018

UswfzewDwe

Saturday, August 18, 2018

This was a great hike with kids. It has plenty of good spots to stop for a snack and options to go farther if everyone’s up for it. We added Lower South Falls and the ten yr old twins had no trouble but were happy to rest by the time we got done. There’s also a little “cafe” with drinks, sandwiches and ice cream.

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Beautiful setting. Nicely procured pathways, although you'll want to watch your step! Be prepared for mud & mist. Many photo ops and as beautiful as you could ask for! Would LOVE to go back and finish the 10!

Monday, July 02, 2018

Beautiful hike. Went to 3 different waterfalls on this hike. Then drove to upper north falls. The scenery is breath taking.

Monday, May 28, 2018

Nice hike. Very crowded on a holiday weekend (Memorial Day) and lots of garbage on the trails. Waterfalls are amazing, some of the best I’ve ever seen. Even got to see some deer!

Sunday, February 25, 2018