Soapstone Lake Trail

Soapstone Lake Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Seaside, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take US highway 26 to the Oregon highway 53 south junction. Follow this winding road south for 4.5 miles to the signed left hand turn to Soapstone lake. Follow this one-lane gravel road about 3 miles to the trailhead.

38 minutes ago

I really enjoyed myself on this trail. I came alone and there were several other groups of hikers and solo hikers also there (this was a Sunday), which I found comforting and was not bothered by in the least. The loop around the lake is strenuous enough to get a workout, but nothing too exhausting.

Went to go hike the trail and camp at the campsite at the lake, didn't get a chance to though. It's been converted to a day use only trail now and camping is not allowed. We had to run up to Saddleback State Park in order to make sure we had a campsite for the night. I may return sometime for a day hike. **This site does not have camping access as advertised!!***

It was a pretty hike. Lots of huge slugs and bunch of salamanders. Trailhead sign easy to spot. The drive to the start of the trail is a bit rough but we made it in car, however, it's not a through road so go back the way you came

May 2017 - Great little hike, took me 1 hour 10 minutes total. Great bridges, very well built, just one small muddy patch. Two trees are down blocking trail around the lake, but you can duck under them (they're about 4'6"-ish). Might be buggy in late summer.

Beautiful trail, well maintained and so many old trees!

There is storm damage and the road is impassable by car. We drove right in with a truck. The trail was great. Quiet, little mud and pretty views. We will be back... a great place to stop off at on the way to the coast.

I'm sure this would have been a great hike but the snow on the road leading to the trailhead hadn't been plowed so we had to turn around. Went to Ecola State Park/Crescent Beach trail instead. See my review.

What a pleasant surprise. The area is blasted by logging, but still surprises with old spruce trees, an abandoned homestead and a wonderful bridge over the creek. While we were crossing over the bridge I heard a splash beneath us. The creek was full of huge Chinook salmon spawning and working their way upstream!

Hike is just as it is listed. Went with my two dogs on leash and it was a beautiful hour plus spent on a good Oregon trail.

Great spot for a first time backpacking trip with my son!

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Beautiful hot day. Easy trail for the whole family to enjoy.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great! Went with my son and two dogs and it was very easy and we all really liked it!