Soapstone Lake Trail

Soapstone Lake Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Seaside, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take US highway 26 to the Oregon highway 53 south junction. Follow this winding road south for 4.5 miles to the signed left hand turn to Soapstone lake. Follow this one-lane gravel road about 3 miles to the trailhead.

There is storm damage and the road is impassable by car. We drove right in with a truck. The trail was great. Quiet, little mud and pretty views. We will be back... a great place to stop off at on the way to the coast.

I'm sure this would have been a great hike but the snow on the road leading to the trailhead hadn't been plowed so we had to turn around. Went to Ecola State Park/Crescent Beach trail instead. See my review.

What a pleasant surprise. The area is blasted by logging, but still surprises with old spruce trees, an abandoned homestead and a wonderful bridge over the creek. While we were crossing over the bridge I heard a splash beneath us. The creek was full of huge Chinook salmon spawning and working their way upstream!

Hike is just as it is listed. Went with my two dogs on leash and it was a beautiful hour plus spent on a good Oregon trail.

Great spot for a first time backpacking trip with my son!

Beautiful hot day. Easy trail for the whole family to enjoy.

Great! Went with my son and two dogs and it was very easy and we all really liked it!

Gorgeous! Well worth it

What an awesome hike for everyone! We will do it again. Kids loved the newts in the water and all the logs. The trail is great and loved the little bridges.

What fantastic little hike. Not to far for a quick jont in the woods. The lake is really nice and the hike in is fairly easy. Well worth your trip down.