Siltcoos Lake Trail

Siltcoos Lake Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Westlake, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 662 feet Route Type: Loop

Mix of twists, turns, bumps, and short, steep, rideable climbs.

Nice trail, it’s been wet but nothing is too muddy or soft. Lots of wildlife sign on and off the trail we’ve seen Elk, Deer, Bear, Fox and your standard menagerie of small mammals and birds. It’s a novice friendly trail, not too long, easy to get to and nothing an active person couldn’t handle in 2 hours.

Good trail, gps went a little crazy but just stick to the trail. Can be done in 2 hours easy

Great trail for beginners. Not too steep or rough. Lots of roots so watch your step.

fee

This is a good trail to practice running on. It has good elevation changes and is short enough to do speed changes on and still complete it non-stop. Also has a couple camp sites to stay at if you want to relax down by Siltcoos Lake. * Have to pay a parking fee $4 (or park down the road) * GPS sometimes goes out. * Vault toilet.

Ironically named with the lake but I guess you only get a view of the lake if you camp or go through a campsite. Great trail though that gives a taste of what the Oregon coast is all about.

paddle sports

Kinda crowded today but a great trip.

Note - get your day pass at the campsite across the highway first! Clean, well marked, shaded, and enough elevation change to keep it interesting. A little disappointed to find that once you hike all the way out, there is no easy lake access (unless you cut through the campsites).

easy until the sand then a little bit of a workout but worth it.

First hike with Trekker, my new hiking/backpacking/kayaking (aka Trekking) companion, a 7 week old Husky-Shepherd

Sun Aug 12 2018

Beautiful trail.

Tue Jul 31 2018

This was fantastic for a shorter trail. The super dense woods were beautiful and peaceful. There are fire rings at the camp sites for anyone who dares to backpack in firewood. There's a group of five sites near each other in one of the camping areas, but only a couple have good access to the lake for water. The one site that is by itself (3/4 mile from the others) has access to water and it's own biffy (there's one for the five sites to share). Piknic tables at every site as well. Went on a Thursday night and didn't run into anyone backpacking or camping. Bugs minded their own business. The bull frogs were VERY loud at night which made for a difficult night of sleep. I would definitely hike this trail again with ear plugs for sleeping.

Sun Jul 08 2018

Great path, easy to navigate. The campsites by the lake are pretty, we just stopped for lunch. The trail felt safe, we saw a few other hikers with their dogs but it’s not crowded. I have a big dog and he did fine, it’s nice and cool in the woods and he dipped his paws in the lake when we got down there. You do have to pay $5 at the self serve station across the street from the trailhead.

Fri Jul 06 2018

Really Beautiful Hike. Wasn't too hard at all!

Thu Jun 28 2018

Great trail clearly marked. So peaceful

Wed May 30 2018

Enjoyable trail for biking. We needed to get out of beach wind and this was the ticket. My wife navigated just fine and she's slightly better than a beginner. Unfortunately, our ride ended in disappointing fashion as our car had been broken into while we were on the trail. Hard lesson to jog the brain - don't have anything of value in your vehicle.

Tue May 22 2018

Nice deep woods trail.

Fri May 11 2018

Very pretty, looks like a scene from Tolkien’s Middle Earth.

Thu Feb 22 2018

Beautiful trail! Highly recommend!

Sun Dec 31 2017

It is an easy trail.

Fri Dec 22 2017

I’d actually rate this as “easy” considering we backpacked it as a family when our kids were 6, 8 and 10. (I added photos):) It’s a great trail and if you are wanting a short easy backpacking loop, there are great camp spots near the lake! :)

Mon Oct 16 2017

Beautiful trail. Rated as hard but I found it to be moderate at best.

Sun Sep 10 2017

Excellent trail, would not describe this as Hard, Moderate perhaps. Trail is very well maintained, many very large moss covered trees, totally beautiful.

Fri Sep 01 2017

I only went to the south camp on a solo 2 day trip but it was still lots of fun! Highly recommend to people who like a quick easy trip with a nice lake.

Wed Aug 30 2017

It's a great trail and not as difficult as the signs would have you believe. It does have some decent elevation changes though. We enjoyed the semi-private access to the lake at the end.

Mon Jul 17 2017

Awesome hike. It's not hard as I thought it would be. Very easy hike but it does get your heart pumping. My 65yr old no hiking experience mom loved it.

Thu Jul 06 2017

Great trail with some neat campgrounds at the lake!

Sun Jun 25 2017

Perfect distance for a one night backpacking trip with our 3 year old. Lots of mosquitoes though.

Mon May 22 2017

Great wooded trail back to a beautiful lake. Would definitely not rate this trail as hard though. It was an easy hike/run.

Sat Apr 15 2017

One of my favorites, well worth the time and have done it over and over