Shellburg and Stassel Falls Trail

Shellburg and Stassel Falls Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mehama, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

bridge out

Easy hike to two waterfalls in the Santiam Foothills. At Shellburg Falls you can walk behind the waterfall. The Shellburg Falls Recreation Area is located near Lyons, Oregon in the Santiam State Forest and is managed by the Oregon Department of Forestry. It offers a peaceful, secluded recreational experience. Whether you enjoy camping, hiking, mountain biking, equestrian riding, or simply exploring nature, you'll find many things to do and see. It is an easy trail that winds its way through giant Douglas-fir and Hemlock trees and under the Shellburg Falls. There is also a small campground nearby, facilities include picnic tables, fire rings with barbecue grills and restroom facilities. Currently there are four campsites available which are first come first serve. For visitors wanting to escape the crowds and enjoy a quiet camping trip this is an excellent location.

15 minutes ago

This hike was a huge disappointment. First of all, the first 1 1/2 miles was just walking up a rock covered dirt road. Then you get to the 1st waterfall, which is very pretty. Just be careful walking the trail up to it, especially if you have children with you. There is quite a bit of poison oak growing on both sides of the path. Then the trail that leads to the second falls is a little over grown and has poison oak growing all over the trail. I couldn't even make it 10 mins down the trail, since I had on shorts and didnt want to end up with a nasty rash. I had to turn around and go back. I did not enjoy this hike, very boring just walking down a dirt road and a very good chance to get poison oak as well.

I love this hike it was my second ti me yesterday, took really long to get to the waterfall cause I took my 2 yr old & everything moves at her pace lol. but it was worth it.

Great hike with the kids; well marked and maintained trails!

Just did a 6 mile hike this morning. Love this local hike! If you get a map you can map long and short hikes. Trails are well taken care of. One of my favs.

It was a great hike! I just wish there wasn't a long gravel road before the nice trails. Overall it was a great experience!

What a beautiful waterfall. My family and I hiked this including my 4 year old grandson.

Easy hike for families. Beautiful waterfalls.

Gtreat hike! Lots of beautiful scenery❤

Great family hike