Shadow Falls Trail

Shadow Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tiller, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Roseburg: Travel east on Highway 138 to Little River Road #17. Follow 17 for 7.5 miles to Cavitt Creek Road (County Road 82 and Forest Service Road 25). Follow Cavitt Creek Road approximately nine miles to the trailhead on the right.

I like to sit down and hang out after I’ve reached the waterfall. Today that was impossible. It was so cold I had to go back about 1/4 of a mile and sit and read. It was a nice easy hike and I would like to try it again when it’s warmer outside.

One of my favorite trails. I’ve done this hike twice- December 2016 and August 2017. Had the trail to myself each time. This hike is very remote and peaceful.

The drive out to the Falls is beautiful, a few times we were unsure if we were still on the correct road. But finally we saw the trail head. The trail is very narrow, with roots trying to slip you up the whole way down. We went in January and the trail was very muddy but after A mile later we saw what we came there for, a waterfall! It was definitely worth the hike down and back. The hike in is a slight downhill hike until you hit the falls, which means the hike out is uphill all the way out. There is a restroom at the trailhead but I was a little nervous about using it. We never saw the first human on the trail, which was nice. We also had our dogs with us and they were able to maneuver the trail without any issues. Great hike!

Remote & tranquil. Nice jaunt with the kids.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

A great hike down to the Falls. In early spring, the water was so high, it created another waterfall.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Did this one in late January the falls were rushing and beautiful. Trail was muddy in some places but easily passable.

Sunday, September 01, 2013

We hiked this trail late one August afternoon. There was absolutely no other human being during the long drive to the trailhead nor on the trail itself. I'm sure there is a lot more water running in the spring but the falls were beautiful nonetheless. An easy hike for all ages but realize that it's downhill all the way to the overlook meaning uphill on your way out.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I accessed this trail off HWY 138 near Glide, Oregon using these directions: turn south on Little River Road (County Road 17) and follow for 6.6 miles. Turn right at the covered bridge on Cavitt Creek (Road #82B) and continue 11.6 miles on Roads 82 and Forest Road #25 to the trailhead. Follow Trail #1504 to the falls.
This is a moderate hike into a nice view of Shadow Falls. Lots of green forest to enjoy. The only bad thing was someone let their large dogs run off leash on the trail and out of their view. I was glad I did not have my dogs with me. I always keep them on leash when I hike in areas I know other people might be.

recorded easy