Senoj Lake Trail

Senoj Lake Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near La Pine, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from June until November.

Directions from Bend: Travel 38.8 miles west on Cascade Lakes Highway (46) to the Lucky Lake Trailhead and the beginning of the Senoj Lake Trail.

We stopped a Dorris lake for a couple of nights in mid July. The hike was very easy. LOTS of mosquitos. We used lots of deet and mosquito head nets, still got bit. Lake has a few views, I found best from hiking to South end of lake or swimming to middle. Lake was perfect temp. I saw a few fish jumping too far to reach with my setup. Wish I had a float tube. Lake had a shallow rocky/sandy long shelf all around lake. A couple of really good campsites on back side of lake, trail is a bit difficult to follow around lake, but well worth extra privacy. Bring lots of deet, head nets, and bite cream! We hid in tent in the morning and evenings.

Great easy day hike. Pristine lakes.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Great backpacking trip. 6 miles from the Lucky Lake trailhead and a great lake with a view of the South Sister.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015