Secret Beach Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Brookings, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 374 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

cave

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options.

Breathtaking views along the way. The trail is OPEN!

What a magical place breathtaking reminds me of the movie the beach worth the hike . It’s a little dicey on the way up ... ( my husband has bad knees) he did it with his walking sticks

Wow! One of the most amazing places I’ve ever visited. Everyone must hike here once.

Beautiful hike with amazing views and a couple small water falls. Easy enough for families and we saw a few people carrying young ones in backpacks.

Spent the day, must go at low tide. I was spellbound. Natural arches, caves, star fish and lots of other things to see in the tidal pools, waterfalls. breathtaking. you have to scramble across rocks to get all the way down the beach but so worth it. Hidden beaches under natural arches at the end of the beach, caves you can walk through but only accessible at low tide.

Thank You Almighty God for this perfect, beautiful place You created for our enjoyment!! Today is our 24th Anniversary, and we saw no one on this trail or at the beach! It was sunny and almost hot in December!! A perfect day indeed. I would highly recommended this hike. Wish we would have packed lunch in, because I would have stayed all day!

This beach is the prettiest I’ve ever been to in my life. I was tempted to write an awful review, just so people wouldn’t go there. The views into the cove before you go down into it are breathtaking. We went as high tide was coming in, which made it exciting on the beach, be careful to watch the tide very closely!

This was a really enjoyable little hike. I would recommend trying to time your visit with low tides so that you can feel comfortable getting down on the beach. The rocks were a little too slippery and the water a little too close for me to feel brave enough to venture down there solo.

Well maintained trail to a beautiful beach. The loop to the viewpoints is nice too.

So private and secluded. Only saw one person on our walk back. An easy, beautiful hike!

Short and spectacular. Great with small kids. We used the trail on the right side of the parking lot and it was easy for kids 3-11

Not difficult but not easy either. There were 70 year olds and 8 year old kids. Best at low tide. Either trail from the top gets you to the same place. My favorite this week.

What a beautiful hike! It was a little drizzly, but gorgeous! Fairly easy hike down to the lookout (just watch your step), but the hike up is a bit more strenuous. There is some rock climbing to get down to the beach, but not too difficult. We’ll be back to show my family that lives nearby.

Thu May 23 2019

This hike is going on my top 10 list! I suggest parking at Thunder Cove pullout, take the trail on your right and keep going right at the two forks. I was the only one at Secret Beach. It was so pretty. I would also suggest trying to go at low tide, there is a small cave that you could explore at low tide. The waterfalls were full, the waves were big. This hike was not difficult, but not easy (you go down first, then you gotta climb back up) I spent about an hour total, but only 37 minutes were hiking.

Sat Apr 06 2019

Awesome trail, especially on a super stormy day! Middle spur on the trail didn’t have any great views, would recommend skipping and spending more time elsewhere.

Sat Mar 16 2019

Great trail with great views and beautiful scenery!

Wed Feb 20 2019

Great little hike with beautiful views.

Sun Sep 30 2018

9/30/18 Keep an eye out for the second marker post, it’s easy to miss and you end up going a little downhill to an overlook. There are some ridges to climb out on beside Secret Beach and plenty of places to explore and get different vantage points. This area reminds me a lot of Big Sur but with more trails to explore from.

Thu Aug 30 2018

Love this beach! Was at the coast this past weekend, did this trail twice!

Sat Jul 28 2018

So beautiful!!’

Sun Jul 15 2018

Done this hike a couple of times; 8-28-16 and 10-6-17, I love it!

Fri Jul 06 2018

Short hike but challenging. My dog enjoyed it as well.

Thu Jun 28 2018

I’m not sure why this trail is rated easy, as shown on All Trails, it’s definitely moderate. BUT, there are two different trail heads as well! One is where All Trails shows it and the left trail as shown is a loop to overlook. The right trail takes you down to the beach. The trail is nice through the woods with ferns, but there are many roots and rocks to trip over. The last part of the trail to beach is rock climbing down. Again, not easy by other standards of “easy” trails. The 2nd trail head is at mile marker 345.5, small turn off for parking, but the trail is 310 feet straight down and back up. Still have rock face at end. Beautiful falls and really 3 separate “secret” beaches. You can even see one of the Arch rocks from this beach. Neither trail head is marked as Secret Beach. Well worth the hike, either way!

Wed Jun 27 2018

Really enjoyed this trail & destination. Well worth it, don’t skip this spot.

Sun Apr 29 2018

One of the highlights of our trip. Went down onto the black sand beach with beautiful cliffs and caves and explored. Only saw one other person.

Sun Apr 01 2018

great place for a fire and sunset with libations

scenic driving
Sat Mar 31 2018

Stunning a must see. Go when it’s not busy. Plan to stop at all the viewpoints or even better walk the coast trail between them. Plan to have your lunch on the rocks or in the private caves.

Mon Dec 25 2017

Was beautiful , steep for this old lady and slippery. Worth the trek!