Scouters Mountain Trail

Scouters Mountain Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Happy Valley, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January.

A small walk around Scouters Mountain. View of the Happy Valley area. Open sunrise to sunset. Little walk and picnic space in the Happy Valley area.

Such a fun and easy trail to do. I carried my 9 month old in a hiking baby carrier and she did great!
Bathrooms, and nice shaded trails that are well kept up.
Note, no dogs allowed.
Pulled right into parking lot and right in front of us 2 deer walking across the field and came 20 feet of our car before going down the hill!
Construction is going on off and on so check the Scouters Mountain Nature Park website for Park closers because of a new neighborhood being build right next to it.
Highly recommend for beginner hikers, people with children, and people carrying babies.
View point was beautiful (on a clear day) being able to see straight out to mount Hood!

Bummer. I must have missed the construction deadline. Curious, I read some articles that explain much of Scouter's Mountain will be developed into 600 homes as voted by Happy Valley City Council (against the wishes of most locals). While I won't argue either side since I'm not a Happy Valley local, I was disappointed not to be able to hike there today. I saw absolutely no way around the construction since the entire Boy Scout Lodge Road was completely blocked off and covered by huge machinery. Didn't even look like there was any angle to walk around the stuff if I parked in a neighborhood nearby. My one star doesn't reflect the park, but rather my lack of ability to go there.

Really nice! Short and sweet, just long enough to get energy out of younger kids.

Really easy hike, my 3yr old loved it! Only one area with a bit of an incline but he did great! And there was a spectacular view and a great picnic area at the end of the loop. Only downside was the construction near by made a lot of noise during the hike, but in the plus side we saw a lot of wildlife that we normally wouldn't because of their dog policy (sorry dogs! We like seeing you too!).

It's a nice but very short stroll near Sunnyside.
Difficult to find the road to the trail due to construction but once there I was pleased.

We were excited about this hike until we arrived and read the no dogs policy. Lame sauce.

Very nice short walk w a nice view at the top! Finished pick nick area w nice clean bathrooms. Pretty quiet except for the construction happening at the entrance to the place.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Well maintained. Beautiful!

Sunday, June 11, 2017

It was lush green the whole way through. There was metal art placed on benches through out the trail. I do wish it was longer because it was quiet, pretty and conveniently just out of the hustle and bustle of town.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

It's an all right trail for being in a fairly populated town. pretty underdone. maybe it's because it doesn't have enough or vigerous trails.

Friday, May 12, 2017

This is a good Sunday afternoon quickie, nice views and easy terrain.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

A nice surprise of a find. I was able to swing by after work and walk around. It wasn't crowded, the only people there were a few families with kids under 10. You can hear traffic/construction along the trails. I was happy to find the trails were not muddy after all the rain we have had and I enjoyed the benches dropped along the path so you can sit and enjoy the scenery if you'd like.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Nice walk in the forest on compact dirt and gravel. Mild inclines, nice view of Hood on clear days. Good outing for the Sprout and Fat Amy. We also saw a young doe when we arrived.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

not very long

Monday, July 11, 2016

Short but very nice. We saw deer.

Monday, June 13, 2016

It's a nice short walk for when I need a quick outing and it's super easy. I like that it's one loop and I don't have to worry about getting lost or getting on the wrong trail.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great for family walk... Great view of MT. Hood.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Nice easy relaxing stroll

Thursday, October 08, 2015

It's a small park with a small trail around it. Nice tree cover over the trail. It is a VERY short trail but nice just to walk around and get some fresh air. Would be good for park picnics.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017