School Canyon Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Dufur, Oregon that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not much here at all. Besides the first half which gives you elevation scenery. Did this on Oct 27th, 18. A lot of the trees still looked burnt and damaged. I open carried here for protection. I passed by a hunter and he said he scoped me down so I'd recommend wearing bright safety colors. I had black on but my camelbak is yellow and I had hints of orange all over.

We arrived in the late afternoon (2pm) and had the trail to ourselves. Unfortunately we only did the first half, but enjoyed every minute of it. The trail is very open, allowing us to walk in the warm autumn sunshine. From the first saddle there is a beautiful view... you are pretty much walking the entire trail with a good view. Next time we hope to do the whole trail.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Beautiful. Links to badger creek trail for a longer loop.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

About .8 miles in is the steepest jaunt, just above the oak grove, but completely worth pushing through to see the dramatic forest change as you round the side of the hill. The change is intense and immediately noticeable in the vegetation; totally needed out on this one

Sunday, April 23, 2017