Santiam Lake

Santiam Lake is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Nice gentle climb to Santiam Lake and a spectacular view of Three Fingered Jack. Having horse camped here with a buddy several years ago, I finally talked the whole family into day-hiking it. We made a quick stop at Duffy Lake on the way up. Next time we will backpack a few nights in the area.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Monday, June 20, 2016

I had a great Father's Day weekend backpacking this trail with my dad. It was relatively easy with few areas of steep incline, but a couple of tricky stream crossings. We found a great camping spot by the lake, and a previous group of campers (presumably on horse) had left a HUGE tarp that we were able to put up to protect ourselves from the rain. The views of the lake and Three Fingered Jack were absolutely worth hiking in the rain.