Salt Creek Falls Trail

Salt Creek Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Odell Lake, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Simple walk, not really hiking unless you push yourself past where the trail was washed out, becomes a challenge (Steep) if you continued down to the bottom, we went I bit farther but stopped when I found a good spot to photograph from.

Easy trail although quite muddy. Dogs loved it. Getting to the actual base of the falls is a blast and easy to do.

Amazing waterfall! The hike to the falls is an easy one and worth every step. This has been my favorite waterfall in Oregon so far. The view from the top is amazing in itself but pales in comparison to being at the bottom looking up. If you are looking for a quick trip with the biggest reward this is it.

The trail was covered in snow and ice this last weekend! Beautiful!! I would recommend if you go this time of year to wear snowshoes. I saw several people trying to make it down to the bottom of the trail without snowshoes -- picture Bambi learning to walk.

The hike is easy, but you should know to park in the parking lot, then walk back across the bridge, turn left (signs say no parking) and follow the path. To get to the falls, head to the back side of the circular information booth. I suppose during the summer/fall, that area is open for parking.

Gorgeous! I posted a few pictures. Oh! I wouldn't bring a dog in the winter, icy trails.

Enjoyed this little hike on a road trip thru Oregon in July. Great little hike with stunning views. Although short, it will get your heart going. The waterfall is beautiful, and I've never seen so many shades of green in one area (then again, I am from CA). Highly recommended!