Salt Creek - Diamond Creek Falls Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(245)
Willamette National Forest

Salt Creek - Diamond Creek Falls Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Oakridge, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,040 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail, both the loop and the ascent to the waterfall. It is a bit tricky to get to the waterfall. When you cross the concrete bridge bear left. And when you cross the train tracks take the smaller trail to the left. The hike to the waterfall is challenging but rewarding

closed

Great place to take the family for a hike and views. The park was closed when we got there,” however, people were going around them. It’s maybe half a while from the gate to the actual parking/ bathroom facility. There were a few fallen trees on the trail, but easy to go over or under them. There are blue markers on the trees to help navigate the trails which helps a lot.

We weren’t able to find the straightaway we were supposed to go on, so we only did the loop. I was super disappointed because I was really looking forward to the challenge and the loop was pretty easy. But it was still beautiful and worth the hike! Can’t wait to come back and pay more attention next time!

Absolutely beautiful morning. This loop is great with just Yak Trax but if you plan to do Vivian Lake as well make sure you take snow shoes.

Snow shoes needed part of that hike. Saw several falls along the way. We started out as the lone hikers and ended with a full trail.

fee

We did sunset/nighttime snowshoeing and it was beautiful! The road back to the trailhead isn’t plowed but isn’t too bad just yet.

Loved this hike!! Didn’t like Vivian Lake (the lake is dry and in some areas the water looks like algae contaminated and didn’t want to get closer for my dog), but you’ll find amazing waterfalls in this hike!! Some of them are hidden and with no actual trail to climb down, so it could be a little bit risky, but worth it!!

Beautiful trail with gorgeous views. Waterfalls were spectacular!

very gorgeous even if you dont go all the way to vivian lake. Definitely worth it to go down to the view point of the 2nd falls! Well both falls really!

I hiked the loop, not going to Vivian lake. easy hike, two beautiful waterfalls. Friday afternoon there was very few ppl so it was pleasantly quiet.

few areas of mud. A lot of standing water in the trail, forest is easy enough to walk in to get around the puddles. On the last stretch to Salt Creek Falls there is a stream that crosses the trail, it had quite the flow when we crossed. some of the trail is a little overgrown. Viewing areas are called out frequently and that was really nice. Snow at the top, mostly just water when we went.

Great hike!

Super fun and easy trail with some sweet waterfalls! The entire loop was just over 3 miles and quite easy. Tip: right as you pass the overlook for diamond falls, there is a sign that says "Lower Falls". This is NOT correct, its a trail that takes you below Diamond Creek Falls, and takes about 5 minutes to reach off the main trial. there are stairs and bridges, so its super accessible!

Beautiful hike today. Not too muddy. Well marked. Both the falls are impressive. Salt Creek Falls viewing point is considered “dangerous” due to recent landslide, but we were able to navigate safely for some amazing pics and view.

Excellent trail this time of year 9/19/2019. Cool and partly cloudy, no bugs. Took the extended trail to Vivian Lake, worth the effort !

This was a beautiful, fairly easy hike. I brought my dog. The trails were very well marked which is important for me because a lot of times I’ll hike alone. It was easy to find and the views were breathtaking. I went September 2019 and there were no bugs and minimal traffic because I went later in the day (around 3). Highly recommended! There are picnic areas as well. Don’t forget to bring $5 cash for parking. I never carry cash and some hiking spots don’t charge. Had to go back to Oakridge to get the cash. Haha

Hiked this 8/24/19 Needke covered soft dirt path, some Rocky sections. 2nd biggest water fall in Oregon! Not to many bugs, some uphill but relatively easy. Bet part of the hike was lower Diamond Falls. It looks like upper Proxy Falls and there are overhang cave like areas if you cross to the other side of the creek from where the bridge leads. Was a great experience for my wife and hour dog.

Nice trail, well marked and maintained. The unpaved areas weren't all dusty thanks to a nice layer of pine needles. The falls were awesome. We skipped the straight out and back portion and just did the 3.4 mile loop. The whole trail was very gentle as far as elevation gain and loss is concerned.

Great hike! Lots of bugs. Hiked down to Diamond Creek Falls. So cool down by the falls. Ran out of time to get down to Salt Creek Falls.

Stunning waterfalls. The hike to diamond creek falls is beautiful as well.

Unbelievable!! So beautiful!! the extra 1.5 miles up to the Fall Creek water fall was totally worth it! The trails are WELL maintained, picture book beautiful, and very quiet! My only complaint was the mosquito's. I swear I have no blood left!!