Sahalie Falls, Koosah, and Tamolich Falls via McKenzie River Trail

Sahalie Falls, Koosah, and Tamolich Falls via McKenzie River Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue River, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I felt very lucky to have 99% of this trail to myself for most of the hike. If you arrive early you can avoid the loud mountain bike hubs on most of the trail. I'm happy to share the trail with everyone but the bikes ruin the tranquility of such a truly special place.

This hike was a treat for senses. The thunderous vibrations from the falls, oh my! One of my favourite things on earth is to hear the unique sound that each tree makes when the wind blows. I had plenty of trees and a nice amount of wind during the hike so you can only imagine my delight. I sat and enjoyed a private concert performed by a number of Gnatcatchers that one point seem to come from everywhere, the ground, the bushes, and the trees.

I found a happy place!

This trail is easy and quite enjoyable.
Hiked the Clear Lake trail with My Sunflower and had a wonderful time. Mountain bikers were very courteous to us hikers. Clear Lake was gorgeous.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017