Roxy Ann Peak Trail

Roxy Ann Peak Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Medford, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Option 1: Take the north I-5 exit (exit 30) and head north towards Crater Lake National Park on Hwy 62. At the second signal (about 1 mile from I-5) turn right on Delta Waters Rd. Roxy Ann Peak is straight ahead at this point. Stay on Delta Waters until it ends (about 1.8 mile) at Foothill Rd and turn right. Go 1.3 miles to East McAndrews Road, go under the bridge and turn right on the clover leaf to go east on McAndrews. Option 2: Take the south I-5 exit (exit 27) and head east on Barnett Rd. Stay on Barnett, pass the Rogue Valley Hospital, and at the signal at the intersection with Foothill Rd, turn left (about 2.0 miles from I-5). Go 2.0 miles to East McAndrews Road, turn left before the bridge onto the clover leaf that will take you east on McAndrews Road. Once you are on East McAndrews Rd heading east towards Roxy Ann Peak, go 1.6 miles to where McAndrews ends and Hillcrest continues up the hill. Go another 1.0 miles and turn left on Roxy Ann Rd.

Very easy hike! It had been quite a while since we went hiking, so it was a good getting-back-into-it trail. My dog seemed to like it too. Probably was too easy for him... Really nice views!

Easy access and a good simple loop hike.

My 1st time there. Took my dogs and did about 5 miles. Beautiful options and lots of trails, i’ll definitely go back and figure out the trail system better because we went a bit off course on accident and that always makes me nervous!

My wife and I hike this almost daily. There are many trials and a road that circles around.the mid point of the hill. There are great views of the rogue valley and the surrounding areas.

Great hike and view of the Rogue Valley/Medford area. Make sure to find the small path to rocky ledge area when you get to the top for the view. Great sunset views and even if you get locked in, there’s a number to call so rangers let you out lol

Good hike with great shade and views. Pretty too.

* Rocky rough footing that has a solid incline but not too strenuous
* Solid shade but open areas
* Narrow path at times
* Lot of deer (late June)
* Many paths to choose so make sure you map it out well beforehand

Hiked in May. Yes, the views are awesome. But the fact that you can pretty much drive to the summit hurts the impact a little. Steep slope; this is a challenge if you are going straight up. Moderate if you are going more around the summit. Lots of people; didn’t ever feel secluded. I could here traffic or people for a good portion. I liked the table rocks better because it feels a little more removed from society if you hit them early. This one had construction trucks going up and down, and lots of people even early in the morning. I appreciated the workout, but southern Oregon has better hikes and trails if you’re looking for a silent, secluded, breath taking experience.

I would guess it's a better home ride than a hike.

One of the best

Nice workout! Fantastic views.

Amazing view, great hike for the kids. definitely worth it if you are looking for a moderate hike with a beautiful view.

nice views of the valley and Mt. McLoughlin on the Manzanita trail!

Always end up taking the Madrone and Manzanita trails... was another beautiful day on Roxy!

Great walking trail.

Great hike just out of town for family and dogs. Can be busy on nice weekends though.

This place is great for a quick hike in town and during the spring time! Amazing views of our rogue valley!

Good views of the Valley

Beautiful views if you take the vista route. If it’s cloudy it’s still a great hike. Can’t wait to do it again when it’s not muddy so we can take the trails not just the fire road!

It's in our backyard, so we do it a lot. personally, since they added the parking lot at the top, it's added a lot of traffic and people for my liking. If you're looking for a bit of a workout, start at the bottom where the original gate is to get the first mile + heart rate going. Again, it's a lot of bang for the buck if you live in Medford but it is heavily trafficed by cars and people these days.

Views were awesome. It’s fairly easy, and gets tough going to the top!

Great hike for all seasons.

Great hike for a sunny winter day.

Take one of the alternate trails to the top instead of the road. The view is worth it once you get to the top. One of my favorite hikes in the Rogue Valley.

great trail! the trip to the absolute top is steep but well worth it. great views and could see the table rocks and mt. mclaughlin from the distance. many parking spots

Well worth the trip to the top. Amazing view.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Great views, awesome trail! But don't take your poodle.⛰

Sunday, July 30, 2017

beautiful views

Thursday, July 20, 2017

So, the description of this hike is slightly misleading. If you follow the path as listed here, you are basically walking on asphalt and gravel road, which for me is not terribly exciting. As one reviewer noted, however, there are many trails off the main asphalt/gravel road that one can hike/mtn bike on. There are occasional signs that show the park and the trails. My recommendation is to check the City of Medford Parks Dept to see if you can get a map of the developed trails before you go. We ended up walking several trails marked difficult. It was a great workout and we were rewarded with an amazing view of the valley at the top. Take LOTS of water. Before I go back, I will definitely be checking to see if I can get an up-to-date hard copy map from the parks dept. This is a great hike for exercise and biking. Watch for poison oak, though. There was lots.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Beautiful hike

Friday, July 07, 2017

Great hike with many different options for getting to the top. Most people use the gravel road to get up there, but unnoticed they have been adding tons of trails to go on instead. Sweeping views from almost anywhere on the trail. A few good view points with picnic tables, benches, etc.. Well cared for and hey keep working on it to make it better. The only downside is the big trucks driving by for the rock quarry.. they water the road down too to help with dust for the trucks and it ends up on you.. but still a very nice hike! I hike it when I get a chance. Many people ride their bikes up and down also, usually not going to the very top, but doing the loop on the gravel road.
Of course the view from the top is beautiful and worth it, but that last stretch is pretty steep.