Roxy Ann Peak Trail

Roxy Ann Peak Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Medford, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Option 1: Take the north I-5 exit (exit 30) and head north towards Crater Lake National Park on Hwy 62. At the second signal (about 1 mile from I-5) turn right on Delta Waters Rd. Roxy Ann Peak is straight ahead at this point. Stay on Delta Waters until it ends (about 1.8 mile) at Foothill Rd and turn right. Go 1.3 miles to East McAndrews Road, go under the bridge and turn right on the clover leaf to go east on McAndrews. Option 2: Take the south I-5 exit (exit 27) and head east on Barnett Rd. Stay on Barnett, pass the Rogue Valley Hospital, and at the signal at the intersection with Foothill Rd, turn left (about 2.0 miles from I-5). Go 2.0 miles to East McAndrews Road, turn left before the bridge onto the clover leaf that will take you east on McAndrews Road. Once you are on East McAndrews Rd heading east towards Roxy Ann Peak, go 1.6 miles to where McAndrews ends and Hillcrest continues up the hill. Go another 1.0 miles and turn left on Roxy Ann Rd.

Arrived at the parking lot at 7:00 am and using the north side trail, was at the top in one hour. I brought my dog along for the walk and we didn't see anybody else on the roads/trail until the descent. The trail is fairly obvious and you should have no problem finding your way. There is a rock outcropping at the top where I recommend you pause to take in the panoramic view of the Rogue valley. You may encounter trucks on the road portions of the path as there is a nearby rock pit. My descent was along the south face trail which was somewhat uneven and rocky compared to the north side trail. The parking lot was quite full on return to my car, so be sure to arrive early if you are looking for some solitude along the trail in the upcoming summer months. Round trip for me was approximately two hours, though I maintained a quick pace being alone.

They've really improved this park in the last 9 months. There's now a whole system of trails, some of them just opened up this month!

Super hot in the summer. You are walking up a gravel road with no shade.

Beautiful, mellow hike!

Real nice long hike. It usually takes my group of friends and I around 3 hours to do the hike (taking the short cuts). Great views of the Rogue Valley!

Took a local cab up to the starting point for this hike. $20 from Walmart. The trail head is on Roxy Ann Road it's just past a gate, you will have to drive on a dirt road.

An excellent moderate hike, make sure you read the maps as you can walk on the road to the summit, or do the hiking trails which are much better!

Plenty of dogs walking which was nice.

Highly recommend if you are in the area

(Local cab company was 5 star Cabs)

I like this trail because it's easy and has some beautiful views of the city.