Rogue River Trail

Rogue River Trail is a 35.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Grants Pass, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

fly fishing

whitewater kayaking

beach

cave

This is a trail that cuts through Rogue River Wild and Scenic, and the Rogue River Wilderness on the north shore of the Rogue At Grave Creek, on the South side of the river, there is a short out-and back hike to Raney Falls. The view of the falls is much more impressive from that side than from the north The Rogue River itself is closed to motorized boats from Grave Creek to Blossom Bar rapids. Below Foster Bar the River is open to motorized boats but the bordering land is Wilderness. The river is popular with rafters, kayakers, and drift boaters. There is year round salmon and steelhead fishing. Hikers share campsites with boaters. There are restrictions on fire usage. There is a popular day hike to Whiskey Creek, 3.3 miles one way from the trail head. Whiskey Creek has an old Gold Miner's cabin. It is possible to drive to a spot above Whiskey Creek and make a steep hike down to the cabin; it is far less enjoyable than the river trail There are currently (2013) 3 lodges operating on this trail - Black Bar Lodge, Paradise Lodge, and Marial Lodge. Some people hike this route with day packs and get food and lodging from the lodges. At Black Bar you need to ring their bell for someone to come to row you across. Some people float down the river and hike the approx. 40 miles back

11 minutes ago

2nd time we have done this trail. last year we went from graves creek to foster bar, this year we started at foster bar. We absolutely love this trail, although I would not recommend starting at foster bar. It seems every ridge you hit at noon to 3 in the scolding hot Sun!

Just finished this on June 8, 2917. Can't wait to do again and definitely will. There is a lot of trail maintenance that is needed. Had a few slides to navigate. Only one that was real bad. That's the only reason I gave it 4 and not 5. If you have ever considered doing this one. Take the plunge. It is well worth it.

A wonderful experience other than the abundant poison oak next to the trail.

Beautiful views on this sometimes very rocky trail. Lots of poison oak to watch out for.

Gorgeous view of the valley and the river. It was covered with beautiful wild flowers everywhere. I would give 5 stars if it had more trees and wider trail. We felt kinda stuck on a 2 foot wide trail in blazing hot sun with lotsa poison oak on both sides. Make sure you wear shoes that supports your ankles and has good traction cuz you will walk on sharp rocks most of the time. Don't forget your sunscreen!!! Because you will burn!! :)

me and my son took 4 days to go from graves creek to foster bar. what an amazing hike. great camping. only seen 1 bear at Rouge River ranch. a few deer. lots of lizards and squirells.

Easy, beautiful! I recommend springtime to avoid major heat off the rock canyons and bring water purification. plan on three to four days to enjoy it and I always recommend a car waiting at the other side or pay a raft shuttle company to give you a lift.

Friday, June 24, 2016

was a great trail and experience! don't be fooled tho... this trail has some tough areas that are narrow and a bit sketchy. but well worth the trip! We started at graves creek and hiked thru to foster bar June 2016. lots of poison oak so take tencu plus tick and mosquito repellent.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I only did part of the trail with my family due to this being our first backpacking trip, but it's definitely one I'd love to complete in the future.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

First time on the trail and I had a blast. The views are breath taking. It rained on and off on Thursday, but not much. I was able to take refuge in a Lodge. I was so upset that all the lodges don't officially open until May 1st. So no hot food of even a cold beer.

I highly recommend this to anyone.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Amazing trail! Views are spectacular of the river from trail located at times high up the gorge carved into the rocky slope. Great short hike to Whiskey Creek cabin, an old mining site just 7 miles there and back from the trailhead.

Sunday, March 20, 2016