Riverside Trail

Riverside Trail is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estacada, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Estacada: Travel south on Hwy. 224 for 25.6 miles (approximately .50 mile past Ripplebrook Guard Station), and turn right onto Rd. 46. On Rd. 46, travel 1.8 miles and the trailhead is located on the right.

Pretty and lightly trafficked trail. Great river views and lush, green forest. Would be great for a picnic, as there are many nice river spots along the way. The only downside is that some parts are close to the road, and those tended to have some vehicle trash and toilet paper around them. Still, other parts were beautiful and secluded, and we only saw two other people while we were there, so it was nice to have to trail to ourselves. Trilliums and wildflowers are just beginning to bloom.

Great hike with my pup. Only saw a handful of other hikers and heard less than 10 cars pass by. I started at the middle point where these directions take you. I went left to the campground and back up to rainbow campground, then back to my car and my watch had me at 10 miles. Although I did explore all the side trails and frequently walked to river access. Also I did not see a waterfall. Great hike though!

Trail was amazing to run! Lots of scenery. Quad crushing hills. Sign is hard to find, FYI.

This is a point to point hike along the Clackamas River that connects upstream Riverside Campground to downstream Rainbow Campground. I started and finished at Rainbow Campground trailhead. It is a good easy hike with very little elevation gain and I used it to increase my walking speed. Light snow was on the trail in some areas though not an issue. I imagine with all the spur trails to the river this is a good place for summer swims. Hiked on 02/15/18.

Nice easy trail, very narrow in some places. There are two entry points. You can start at the first one one which is about .50 mile from the Ripplebrook guard station, which is also a general store that sells passes to Bagby Hot Springs if you wanna full day. There is a sign indicating the trail, but this point drops you off in the middle of the trail and you can walk up and down both directions. If you want to start at the beginning of the trail, head further down to Riverside camp ground for an easy 3.7 mile trek one-way. As noted it runs close to the road, but traffic was light as was the trail on a cloudy Sunday morning in February.

Went a few days ago and it was so green and beautiful!

This is a nice trail for all levels. It is not nearly as busy as some of the other trails in the area. The path is quite narrow at times. (Totally doable, you can just tell it isn't a high traffic trail) Some negatives for us... The road is RIGHT there for more of the trail than we would have preferred. The biggest downside was the garbage. There was a l lot of it. Not garbage I was willing to pick up either... Like used toilet paper all over the place. The plus sides were there too though. You can easily spawn off the trail and check out the Clackamas River. There was a lovely bridge and LOTS of interesting trees and nature to look at along the way.

Monday, November 28, 2016

This app takes you to the campsite .9 mile past the trailhead. This time of year, the river was high and fast, super mossy, green forest!! There was no one else out there today and it was perfect for my dog today!!! Easy trail, a bit slippery today, be safe!!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

A good hike... next to a road ☹️

Saturday, July 02, 2016

I really enjoyed this trail, so mellow, and great access to the river and potential swimming spots. The map location took me to Riverside Campground which the trail connects to, but it wasn't super easy to spot the trail head within the campground. The actual trailhead is about 2 miles before the campground, on the right.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

There is something about the rainy day Fall hike that this trail lends itself perfectly to.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

great trail , both Mtb and hike. just finished a day out with my pack weighted down and still had a great time , seen a few good runs I want to hit in the kayak and even got surprised with an early mushroom hunt, took home some chantrelles and even some lobsters long with a few amineta specemins to identify. great day! great trail, hit it on the bike mid summer had a great time then too though I blew two tubes on the trail.

Sunday, April 02, 2017