Rivermill Loop

Rivermill Loop is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Estacada, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 354 feet Route Type: Loop

This route will take you on a great hiking trail, a bat loop trail, and even a horse trail along the Clackamas River. While you are in the southern section take the time to check out the fish hatchery, the dam, and also take a stroll down to the river there as well.

closed

The trail was ok. Parts of it were closed due to construction, so much horse shit everywhere, unleashed dogs galore which all lead to it being just ok. Saw a few deer and even a little fawn which was super cool. If you’re cool with the issues I presented you should enjoy yourself. Only ran into three people on the trail which was nice.

Perfect little hike with lots to see

My husband and I went with our dog and another couple. We did a shortened version of the loop as it seemed to be taking us longer than anticipated and we didn’t bring a lunch. I would rate the hike as moderate as there are several ups and downs. It was a beautiful hike though and we loved the river.

This is a horse trail so if you want to dodge horse poo the whole way it’s no good otherwise it is beautiful

We hiked on other trails in the northern part of this park, but be aware that this trail is used by a lot of horseback riders.

This trail is great to ride year round!! The OET crew works very hard at keeping the trails mud free. I would recommend shoes or boots as there is a lot of gravel (if your horse is sensitive).

Mostly flat hike. Beautiful views of St. Helens, Adams, and Hood from the view point in the parking lot. We added the Bat trail to make the hike a full 6 miles. Shared the trail with very few hikers, but several horses. Perfect first time out after foot surgery.

Sun Nov 18 2018

A nice easy hike that you can easily extend to 5+ miles

Sat Oct 06 2018

Really enjoyed this 5 mile hike. Utilizes horse trails, so yes, as others have said you get what you get from horses! This certainly didn’t spoil the walk for us. Terrain is fairly flat but with a couple of sharp inclines.. nothing too serious. Would hike this trail again

Mon Jul 09 2018

Stopped in for travel break on way to Mt Hood. Good 5.5 mile loop for a quick trail run.

Tue May 22 2018

This is a beautiful area. I typically prefer my hikes a little further out than this, but wanted something close to take the kids on (6,7, and 9). They all did extremely well, the little elevation gain always helps. The trail was simple, but had quite a bit of changes to break up the monotony for the kiddos. They loved stopping at the fish hatchery and checking it out. The trail is shared with horse riding, and the kids loved looking for horse tracks, and poop. We spent about 20 minutes just sitting at the Clackamas River watching for animals. We saw a Great Blue Heron, and a few other birds.

Thu Jul 13 2017

I absolutely love this park. I am here very frequently. some of the lower trails are very muddy most of tbe year so be prepared to get dirty. The trail map that the park provides is not as compressed as you think. You have to go farther than you think to gain any sort of ground on tbe map. Riversbend trail/Maple Ridge trail are my favorite. I also LOVE the memorial look out!

Tue May 30 2017

Nondescript, no real view, lots of horse poop on the trail. Better west side forest hikes exist all over the Willamette Valley.

Sun Apr 30 2017

Hiked this today. The Dog Creek Loop is short and easy. It would be great for kids. Goes past river and leads to fish hatchery. Opposite this trail entry point is the boat launch. You can access the more moderate level trail, Riverbend Trail. In this area of the trail, you share it with horse riders. So, when wet, it's really muddy in places. The few riders I met were friendly. A better access to the Riverbend Trail is in the Riverbend Day-Use Area. You'll find disc golf at this parking lot.

Sun Apr 23 2017

Park rangers/state park has hatred towards anything but horse riders. They would rather see trails get destroyed by horses before allowing families to enjoy trails on bicycles.

Wed Mar 29 2017

Caters to horseback riding more than hiking. Horse trails make for easy walking. We only did about half of the trail. The dam is neat, as is the hatchery. Not a big park but if you're in the area it's worth a stop. The frisbee golf course looked good. They have a large off leash area too. Campground is ok. They want everyone to have reservations... like we plan our trips that firm?!?!? Come on Oregon State Parks... live a little, fly by the seat of your pants! The reservation line can't tell how many sites are open... all this technology, still no clue!

Wed Sep 28 2016

Awesome place to ride

Sat Sep 10 2016

me and my son will definitely go back

Sun Sep 04 2016

fun hike, but signage is very poor.

Fri Jul 15 2016

Lots to explore

Sun Aug 09 2015

Great fun camping. Had the worst group next to us super super loud at 5am packing to leave

Sun Jun 22 2014

This was a nice hike. We started at the Dog Creek Trail, but like other reviewers, got somewhat off-track. The trail was a little muddy (late June), but manageable. The trail goes through wooded areas, over creeks, near the fishery, and aside wide open fields with wild flowers. It was an easy hike for my teenagers, a little challenging for me (recuperating from longterm illness). We intended an easy 2 mile hike, however, ended up doing somewhere between 4 and 5 miles on the horse trails.

Mon Sep 03 2012

This state park is very nice. 36 hole disc golf course. I only did the first 18 (2x). If your a disc golfer you want to check this course out. Well marked and maintained. Also a good mix of open drives and wooded putts