River Trail

River Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Terrebonne, Oregon that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Magnificent views with great cliffs and beautiful river beds. Lots of places to stop and reflect and watch the rock climbers the path is relatively easy with wide and narrow areas, but not at all scary. Worth at least a half day outing.

Perfect and lots of wildlife.

Fantastic hikes! Amazing beauty!!

Trail was beautiful. Easy to veer off onto various trails throughout, bu getting down to the river is a must.

We got there at 10:30 and parking was already almost full due to a beautiful day on a holiday weekend. I did see additional parking right outside the park if needed. It never felt crowded though as the hikers and rock climbers were pretty spread out. It was absolutely beautiful and I will definitely be back to try some different trails.

This is an easy hike once you get down to stream level. Not much incline, just a little bumpy. Once upon a time I took my 4/6 year old on this trail and we had to carry the 4 year old up the steep incline to the parking lot because it was too much for her. Otherwise it was a fun adventure for us

Easygoing trail for the family and pup. Enjoyed watching the rock climbers. A little busy for a cloudy February weekend but I don’t mind. I have never seen so many dogs on a trail before though. Good puppy training. I look forward to coming back for a run and hiking across Misery Ridge when he’s a bit older.

Intended to make the whole trail but doubled back at about the same point indicated on the AllTrails map - Got caught in a thunder-and-hail-storm!! The day, and the hike, both started out glorious: Blue skies, warm temps in July. I let the river set my hiking pace and I took my time taking photos of everything. Very calm hike: Fun to watch the climbers on the rock face, the raptors in the air, and the swallows and swifts over the river. And, as is appropriate for the area, an afternoon thunderstorm kicked up and DUMPED on my partner and I. No regrets and I look forward to returning to complete the loop.

Great hike, especially for kids. There is sometimes a park ranger along the trail with a telescope and he will let you look through at the bald eagles if they are perched in the canyon. The trail can be crowded during peak season and the parking lot fills up FAST. Kids will get a kick out of spotting the rock climbers along the trail

Thursday, May 14, 2015