Rimrock Springs Natural Area

Rimrock Springs Natural Area is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Madras, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

21 minutes ago

Very easy hike and hoped to see some wildlife but we didn't. First half mile was paved and is worth at last to do that part of the trail. Very peaceful at the overlook. We continued on the trail and there was a side dirt trail we followed for 1/4 if a mile to come to a deadend. But that was okay. We ended up hiking the loop and found the rimrocks. Beautiful views of the Cascades. Along the way there were information boards that were very informative. We want to come again with a dinner picnic to hike up to the rimrocks and watch the sunset.

fairly plain trail. Does have a breif view of the 3 sisters and does take you to a marsh overlook that would be decent if you brought binoculars for birding.

Really dry. Expected some water and more flowers. But still beautiful. It was pretty short, perfect for my toddler. ❤️

Easy hike. Not very scenic.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Nice trail and I'm sure it will be even better after some rain. The dogs loved running and chasing crickets :)

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Mountain dog, two kids, Big Daddy & Fat Amy managed this in the August heat! Our "early start" got us on the trail before 11 am. Not much blooming in the summer heat but the trail has good interpretive signs, several overlooks and benches along the way. The marshlands looked beautifully refreshing from our vantage point. Only the 10 yr old complained! ☺️

Monday, May 04, 2015

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Very nice little hike. The walk to the marshland observation deck was paved, with interpretive signs and even benches! The paved path is easy for anyone and the Loop Trail is quite easy too. This was my first visit and the area lacked the lush green space that I am sure will be there during the summer. I am anxiously looking forward to my next visit! NOTE: I almost missed the turn-out area due to construction in that area but hopefully that will be done soon and signs will be back up.