Not a technical trail but very fun! All lakes have great camping options. Got to the trail head a bit late so spent the first night at Red Lake. Everyone says that the camping here isn't good but my friend and I enjoyed it very much. There is a great spot if you take the spur trail down to the lake and go right (SW) about 15-20 yards is a spot with a great fire pit that we improved and a view of the top of Mt. Jefferson that we were able to watch the colors of the sunset on. Once dark came we stayed up late listening to the frogs and the owls while enjoying the fire and our hammocks. Next day we hiked to Wall Lake and went swimming for a couple of hours. AMAZING WATER!!!! Turned left at the junction heading towards Lower Lake and Fish Lake and went to Gifford Lake. By far one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever been to and the swimming was to DIE FOR!!!!! Spent the night at Gifford under the full moon. Nice views overlooking Twin Peaks. We also bushwhacked around the lake and had lunch on top of the cliffs on the back side of the lake. You get a couple of Spots where you can see MT. Hood as well as another lake up there. From there made our way down to Lower Lake and stayed a night where the creek flows out of the lake and enjoyed the camp spot and found a few huckleberry bushes along the river that were ripe already, YUM!!! Swimming in Lower Lake was still nice and refreshing but a bit colder. All the lakes along the trail system did not have fish that I noticed except Lower Lake, which I saw some Brook Trout surfacing. The lake also has Crawdads and views of Ollalie Butte. Next time I do this trail I will try to hike up Twin Peaks and Potato Butte. All in all a splendid trail system with lots of options and not too many people.