Rainie Falls Trail

Rainie Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grants Pass, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

was any amazing hike. hiked this trail all the time as a kid. took my 5 year old son and he had a blast! only down side is we heard cars were getting broke into and gas tanks getting siphoned, luckily none of the cars parked were messed up however we chose to have someone drop us off and take the car with them. other than that this is a perfect hike for families, just watch the narrow spots!

I love this hike. Two trails to pick from. The one on the parking lot side is great in the spring time full of flowers, but in summer the one on the other side of the road is best it is mostly in the shade.

Intended on hiking this early today, when parking I saw two cars with windows smashed in, decided against it just as a heads up to everyone. I was very excited to do the hike but didn’t want to deal with that.

Went in early October, beautiful scenery with mossy trees and trickling mini waterfalls. Lots of poison oak popping up so just and avoid it. Trail pretty narrow the whole way with steep drop offs to river so had to hold the 2 year old almost the entire trail. 8 year old loved it though and had no problems.

Love the hike. It was beautiful this time of year and the weather was perfect. Watch out because it’s super rocky and if you trip and fall you could go off the edge as the path is super narrow. I tripped and fell on my way back to my car. I’m a fairly new hiker so it was likely me and not the trail though.

Did both sides of the river. Beautiful hike.

Loved this hike! The scenery is beautiful. And there are some smaller trails off the main trail to get to the beaches by the water. I’ll definitely be back to hike this trail again.

Love this hike! watch out for poison oak!

It's a great hike, but certainly not for anyone who brings a big dog. The trail is very narrow and extremely rocky at certain points. I would also caution against bringing young, inexperienced children on this trail.

Go to the other side of the river and hike whiskey creek. It’s way better.

I've hiked this a few times and its a great one!

New favorite hike near Grants Pass. Easy to find, lots of views. A must do :)

Beautiful. Rocky paths with random waterfalls crossing the trail. Shaded the entire way. The falls are more of a drop in the river and less fall but a nice spot to have a snack and sit down. Hike is between easy and moderate. If your kids are hikers and know how to be safe, this trail is fine but if they’re they type of kids that don’t understand potential dangers, I would say skip this trail. There are a couple of drop offs but enough room to be safe as long as you’re paying attention. I wasn’t scared at all but I could see where some people could be.

This is nice, but not what I was expecting. You hike to a rapid in the river, not “falls”. Lots of rocks with no trail at times. Still better than being indoors. Hiked this in December.

Nice little walk along the river...but I would NOT recommend going out of your way to see.

This trail was gorgeous! the views of the river were great and we even saw a river otter!

however, from the trail head to the falls and back was 4.9 miles and not kid friendly.

great hike with awesome views! Just lots of rocks and steep drop offs..leave the kids behind for this one!

Amazing hike today. Rained making it a little slick in spots but still beautiful. Recommend this hike.

I love this trail. It's beautiful, just the right amount of different exertions and it's out where there is no cell service. there's little swimming holes along the way and fishing spots as well. I love being able to get out and away from the craziness of town. there's a second trail opposite side of the river that's a bit easier, more for taking the kiddos on. it's a beautiful hike all year long.

Favorite hike so far in proximity to Medford. Beautiful views and no road noise so you can enjoy the nature in its entirety. Lots of little waterfalls on the way. And views of the river bending back and forth with trees in the background. Mostly shaded if coming from the south trailhead. It is pretty rocky and narrow like everyone else said. Kinda scary since I’m afraid of heights and the rocks are mostly damp, although not super slick. I’m surprised little kids go on this hike.

Beautiful! all the way!

I would do this hike again but with no kids. The pictures didn’t do justice on how close you come to the edge of a drop off. We didn’t finish the hike due to how dangerous it became for the kids. ( we brought 5 kids under the age of 6. ) let’s just say I was completely uptight and uneasy the whole time. However if you are going with a young teen or adult it’s perfect. Very beautiful

Beautiful!

Mostly Shaded all year round. Some people are expecting the word Falls to live up to its name. There is no Water fall at the end if this hike. it is more like a Gorge, especially when water levels are high. It is neat to watch rafters navigate through as well as Large Salmon Jumping. Young kids should be watched closely on some sections where the trail narrows and edge is steep. This is a great day hike.

This is definitely a moderate trail. Lots of rock formations to go over and through. Some water to walk through at times, but easy enough to get through. Beautiful views and the waterfall was breathtaking! Worth the strenuous hike at times.

Beautiful day to be outside! The trail is well maintained and absolutely gorgeous!

Great trail!

Beautiful fall views.

Nice river trail, fairly rugged and rocky trail surface
Cool view of Grave creek/Rogue confluence from the bridge at trailhead

Beautiful day and beautiful trail. Lots of hikers out with dogs. The falls are beautiful but you need to stand in the right spot to see the salmon.

Great day hike. Well maintained and easy to follow. You have a view of the river the whole time. Had a great time with two dogs. Saw lots of rafters on the river and a couple other hikers along the way.