Rainie Falls Trail

Rainie Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grants Pass, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

One of my personal favorites! The start is a little rough and rocky but the mellows out after a mile or so. Great views all the way. It can be quite hot during the summer months so bring water or a good filter. Whiskey Creek cabin is 3 miles in and makes for a good first destination. Bring good shoes too as the trail can be rocky and rough on feet. Enjoy!

Have hiked this a couple of times. It is a narrow trail at times, a little rocky but that's why it's rated moderate. It's actually not a very difficult hike to make and it's very enjoyable. Love this hike! Super popular with the locals.

This is a rocky, seldom flat trail that usually travels high above the Rogue River on cliff sides. The views are nice and the Falls at the end of the trail are beautiful. I'd recommend a decent pair of hiking boots for the padding and ankle support because of the rough rocky trail. Lots of poison oak and watch for the occasional snake. This four mile out-and-back will give you some decent exercise.

Really fun trail that twists along the hillside above the Rogue River. One or two places where a fallen tree or stream blocked the path, but it was still accessible with slight effort. Beautiful views, but the waterfall and rapids are pretty small.

Harder than I expected,some climbing and rough patches,and. very hot in the direct sun on several segments would not do in mid day. beautiful views, nice little waterfall and Sandy area to sit and eat.

nice trail along the river, I'd recommend doing it in late spring

I loved this hike! Be prepared for hiking on lots of rocks, I recommend good sturdy, water resistant shoes with slip resistant soles and ankle support.

Beautiful hike!!

Beautiful trail. We took our 4 year old and 11 year old and they both loved it. Use caution with small ones, we had to hold our 4 year olds hand because the drop-off was pretty steep. So many waterfalls along the way. A great early spring hike. Watch out for the poison oak, lots of it!

I had a lovely time on this trail! Late March hike, lots of water, the waterfalls were flowing. Definitely got slippery a couple times and you need waterproof shoes for trekking in the puddles. There were many times where you must climb over rocks and have good balance, so just note that when deciding if this is right for you. River was flowing strong and the pretty green moss everywhere was so vibrant. Definitely recommend. Moderate difficulty. Enjoy!

8 of us, ranging in age; 11 months to 59, took this hike this past weekend and everyone enjoyed it. Beauty and sights of spring all around us.

Been here many times. This was the most water I've ever seen here. Beautiful!!! We crossed lots of little waterfalls. It was not a good trail for the physically compromised though. One of my favorite hikes.

Not a bad little trail.

This is not a good trail for running, as there is quite a lot of exposed rock with significant uneven surfaces in parts. I tried running this trail, but ended up spraining my ankle on one of the more challenging parts of the trail. And on the way out, I came across an older hiker who had sprained his knee quite badly. There is lots of exposed rock on the trail, with precarious footing and slippery surfaces in some spots--in March, at least. This might not be a problem later in the year, when it is warmer.

When coming to the "falls" I actually ended up walking past the "falls" because they really are just a few white water rapids. I was expecting falls of some sort, and hiked past the rapids until I started losing the trail, and subsequently looked at my GPS and saw that I had hiked beyond the 2.0 mile distance of the hike. I suppose the "falls" are better in the late summer or fall, with lower flows down the Rogue.

Otherwise, a good 4 mile out and back with some nice views of the river!

Very nice hike and great scenery

love