Rainie Falls Trail

Rainie Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grants Pass, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

nice trail along the river, I'd recommend doing it in late spring

I loved this hike! Be prepared for hiking on lots of rocks, I recommend good sturdy, water resistant shoes with slip resistant soles and ankle support.

Beautiful hike!!

Beautiful trail. We took our 4 year old and 11 year old and they both loved it. Use caution with small ones, we had to hold our 4 year olds hand because the drop-off was pretty steep. So many waterfalls along the way. A great early spring hike. Watch out for the poison oak, lots of it!

I had a lovely time on this trail! Late March hike, lots of water, the waterfalls were flowing. Definitely got slippery a couple times and you need waterproof shoes for trekking in the puddles. There were many times where you must climb over rocks and have good balance, so just note that when deciding if this is right for you. River was flowing strong and the pretty green moss everywhere was so vibrant. Definitely recommend. Moderate difficulty. Enjoy!

8 of us, ranging in age; 11 months to 59, took this hike this past weekend and everyone enjoyed it. Beauty and sights of spring all around us.

Been here many times. This was the most water I've ever seen here. Beautiful!!! We crossed lots of little waterfalls. It was not a good trail for the physically compromised though. One of my favorite hikes.

Not a bad little trail.

This is not a good trail for running, as there is quite a lot of exposed rock with significant uneven surfaces in parts. I tried running this trail, but ended up spraining my ankle on one of the more challenging parts of the trail. And on the way out, I came across an older hiker who had sprained his knee quite badly. There is lots of exposed rock on the trail, with precarious footing and slippery surfaces in some spots--in March, at least. This might not be a problem later in the year, when it is warmer.

When coming to the "falls" I actually ended up walking past the "falls" because they really are just a few white water rapids. I was expecting falls of some sort, and hiked past the rapids until I started losing the trail, and subsequently looked at my GPS and saw that I had hiked beyond the 2.0 mile distance of the hike. I suppose the "falls" are better in the late summer or fall, with lower flows down the Rogue.

Otherwise, a good 4 mile out and back with some nice views of the river!

Very nice hike and great scenery

love

My favorite hike I have to say is down to Rainie Falls. I go annually twice a year. It is beautiful hike and it always clears my mind. Its my sanctuary!

Well-maintained trail.

Beautiful hike! I really loved it. I am not a regular hiker and didn't have any problems doing it. I have smaller kids and wouldn't take them on it.

Beautiful hike! It's definitely a rapids, not quite a falls, but the small falls all along the way!

I definitely think the South Side was better just looking at the other side of the river; my dad definitely struggled a bit on the rocky terrain but nothing he couldn't handle, he just took it slow. We saw a group of about 75 8 year-old's on the trail! Lots of people rafting as well and beautiful fall colors.

I've done it a couple of times and it's beautiful. I'm planning on doing the whole Rogue River trail with a few friends soon.