Rail Trail to Observation Blind

Rail Trail to Observation Blind is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jefferson, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is best used from April until October.

A boardwalk through a flooded forest leads you to an observation blind over a small marsh. This quick trail out to the observation blind could give you a stealthy spot to watch waterfowl in a small marsh.

Peaceful easy trail. Great birding.

Out for a comfortable stroll, well maintained easy and interesting. lots of beaver sign, gnawed trees etc. quick and relaxing

This is such a pretty Wetlands walk. My 3 year old and I did this path easily, as it’s very short. We loved the observation blind and saw plenty of birds and ducks. We’ll be back.

This is an easy hike, and a fun one for families. Bring binoculars to watch the birds.

trail was great and well maintained. we enjoyed the views of the wildlife and water. beautiful and we plan on coming again

Nice easy walk down a nice trail and bridge. The blind is good to watch herons and other birds I observed.

great easy walk. good for kids

I enjoy the quiet and easy walk of this place. It is pretty any time of the year.

nice little walk for the family

My husband and I had a lovely walk today. It was quite easy and perfect for strollers, kids, and older folks like myself. It was very pretty and educational. Definitely bring your deet! There were lots of bugs and skeeters, but it IS a marsh. Enjoy.

Monday, May 15, 2017

A beautiful and easy walk in the woods.

Friday, May 05, 2017

Nice little stroll. Saw lots of wildlife and used it as an educational opportunity for my 4 year old.

Monday, January 30, 2017

This was amazing

Sunday, October 16, 2016

beautiful easy walk on the boardwalk.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

this is listed as a loop trail, but half of the loop is on mowed down grass where it almost feels like trespassing. The grassy part is not very stroller friendly for parents. The grassy part is closed for several months starting October 1. It's a nice short kid friendly boardwalk if your looking for a there and back. I look forward to going back at a different season. The kids love it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016