Pup Creek Falls via Indian Henry Trailhead

Pup Creek Falls via Indian Henry Trailhead is a 8.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estacada, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great year round, moderate hike. Can be technical over creek crossings and fallen trees. Trail clear most of the time. Steady elevation gains. Opportunities to picnic about half way in by the Clackamas River. Pup Creek Falls is a hidden gem. More impressive than Multnomah Falls with far fewer people.

This was a nice trail (for the most part), but you never really get away from the highway enough to stop hearing the cars go by, really drowned out the river noise. There’s a large section where you’re hiking directly under some very large power lines and unfortunately takes away from the trail quiet a bit. The waterfall was amazing but this trail wouldn’t be on the top of my list of recommendations for anyone wanting to see waterfalls.

9 miles RT from trailhead to falls. nice elevation intervals, dogs did well except one got lost in the overgrown shrubs at one point. nice flowers, small parking lot.

Spent Tuesday night at the camp and hiked most of the trail — very serene, easy and quiet! Didn’t pass one other person. I’d definitely recommend this as a really decent spot to take a peaceful, easygoing stroll especially with your dog.

Loved the trail and beautiful hike. My German Shepard pup loved it and did great on the trail. My car got broken into so just take extra care. When I parked there was a lot of glass on the ground and more so after my windows were broke so just take extra care with your pups paws in the parking lot.

surfing

03/30/18 Had a great hike with my little dogs. Every party I ran into (6 total) also had a dog. Had to help my two 9 lb chihuahuas across Pup Creek because the stepping stones don't go all the way across the creek, and she was flowing good enough to sweep away my little guys.
Hike not too strenuous but moderately lengthy. I calculated 3.7 miles each way. Didn't have to take a break. Lots of things to check out along the way.
Trail goes above the Clackamas around a thousand feet, then down to river level. Does that a few times. You never want to fall off a trail, but a couple miles in you can get in a lot of trouble if you fall off the trail.
I really enjoyed this hike, and I really recommend it to anyone.

Lots of fun and very beautiful

Great hike. good views and interesting variety of views, falls, geography, flora. very few people on the trail. a little mud but not much. fairly easy creek crossings. great main waterfall but only a small viewing area that didn't make sitting and enjoying it easy.

Hiked 03/03/18 - Having hiked the lower section of the Clackamas River Trail several times, I was eager to see this part. I think I prefer this section to the lower. Snow was still present, though not an issue. There are some very nice large trees and smaller waterfalls along the trail. I think my favorite part of this trail is between 1.5 - 2 miles in. There are more than a handful of waterfalls and really cool basalt ledges here, although I think many of these falls are seasonal. The boulder crossing at Pup Creek was the only obstacle, though not a problem for me. The boulders are well placed on both sides of the bank, but the middle is missing a few "steps." The overall trail description is spot on. Have fun. If you pack it in, pack it out. Even food waste is considered trash... ahem... I'm talking to you, leaver of orange peels. :)

One of my absolute favorite hikes of all time. Went to see the eclipse here and literally only saw one other group. This hike is totally under rated. Pup creek falls is amazing and beautiful and you can hike up to and on it. Easy to get to. Challenging enough that you’ll feel accomplished without kicking your ass.

This hike is great in all weather. Trail is stable even when wet. Lots of tree coverage. A nice, cleared plateau about half way in right by the river where you can sit and watch the rapids. The waterfall itself is very impressive. Lots of little ones along the way. Feels very mystical and peaceful.