Pup Creek Falls via Clackamas River Trail

Pup Creek Falls via Clackamas River Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Three Lynx, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cool waterfall and cliff jumping

You can hike to Pup Creek Falls from Fish Creek trailhead or from Indian Henry Campground I believe. The recording saved here starts at Fish Creek, which is what I did, but I don't believe the 2,400ft elevation climb/drop is accurate for that route. Another site said 1,600, and that felt more like it. There is a parking lot at the trailhead, you pay $5 unless you have a Northwest Forest Pass. It was a beautiful hike along the Clackamas River, then the last .2 mile heads away from the river to the waterfall. Hwy 224 runs along the opposite side of the river, so you do see/hear cars occasionally, depending on the time of day/week. There weren't any wash outs or trail damage to speak of when I went last week. 4 adults carrying a baby and a toddler, took us about 5 hrs including time to stop at the waterfall, eat lunch, feed kids, change diapers, etc. It was enjoyable, would do it again. Some of the trail is packed soil, some is large (baseball sized) gravel, I'd recommend hiking boots with some ankle support.

Overall I liked the hike it was very scenic and the falls are worth the hike. The rocks on the trail did add to the challenge. Lots of ups and downs. I didn’t mind seeing 224 for most of the hike I think I saw fewer cars than I did people on the trail. I started early and didn’t see anyone on the way out but on the way back I passed about 20 people. I guess it was Sunday and not raining.

Easy to find and clearly marked along the way. My only problem is that you’re never out of earshot if the highway and that it’s a little more popular than I would’ve thought

Lots of small rocks in the trail. We read reviews about good shoes, but ignored them. Definitely a must. Also, had a hard time finding the trail head without service. It begins near the Indian Campground. Follow the road back until you see the parking lot on the right. The end was gorgeous, and some of the river views were, too, but the overgrown areas made it a little difficult, especially since it had been raining. I wouldn’t go any later in the year (October) for fear of unsafe conditions. Takes about 4 hours there and back.

Lush green well-marked trail. Beautiful old-growth trees, and most of the trail runs parallel to the river. Use caution if it’s raining as there are quite a few areas for potential slides. The trail has a few spots where it is quite narrow with very steep drop offs. A lot of “pit run” rock is used on the path, so definitely wear sturdy hiking boots/shoes. Pup Creek Falls is your reward- absolutely beautiful!

Meh not impressed with this hike the waterfall is cool though enjoy

Great trail, beautiful waterfall! Not too crowded!