Pup Creek Falls via Clackamas River Trail

Pup Creek Falls via Clackamas River Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Three Lynx, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great hike a long the Clackamas River. Note that you will most likely not have cell phone reception. This trail has ups and downs, some small switchbacks, and a lot of little streams to see. The waterfall is beautiful and is marked by a wooden sign that indicates where the falls are. There's a few places that people have wandered off the trail to scope out a smaller, tucked away waterfall, but Pup Creek Falls is marked with a sign. Beware of the cougars in the area.

This was a great, moderate to challenging hike. Got here around 11/11:30, got back to the car a little before 6 (we spent about an hour at the falls.) Trail is pretty evenly up and down, so it's not like you're hiking up to the falls and then back down. But it's super nice because you're next to the river the whole way. There are some pretty steep inclines/declines, and some areas where the trail gets pretty tight (either with the brush or on the side of a ravine/cliff), so if you're at all afraid of heights or not very sure footed, don't say you haven't been warned. My 1 year old hound mix dog pretty much ran the whole thing, the only part we had to help her was getting over a fallen tree, angled on the side of a cliff, like 0.1 from the fall. The fall itself is absolutely stunning, and huge! Like Multnomah Falls tall. We leashed up our pup so she wouldn't follow us as we scaled the rock wall to the left of the fall to get to the middle pool. If you can do this safely, it's so worth it! I'm a little sketched out by heights and had a few moments where I wasn't sure, but overall it really wasn't that bad. We'll definitely do this one again!

It's was a sweet trail that was up and down, sometimes narrow sometimes not so much. Varied enough to make you watch where you are going. Sounds of the river and then the road. Pleasant and easy enough to get me past my 7 mile goal.

Beautiful hike, a lot of great scenery. The falls is comparable to multnomah in my eyes. If you're risky enough you can climb up the the middle pooled section of the falls.

This is a lovely 7.5 mile round trip hike, located in Estacada. It's views of the Clackamas river are stunning. With small waterfalls along the way, the big one is absolutely breathtaking! This trail is considered moderate. I wouldn't consider it difficult, but certainly challenging depending upon your activity level. It was a great workout for myself. Dogs are allowed on the trail, although not very crowded, the trail can be narrow in some areas. Things to remember when bringing multiple dogs. The path is rocky, so a good hiking shoe is advised. A wonderful way to spend a few hours in nature!

Beautiful hike and not much traffic. The waterfall was totally worth it. It was pretty easy cause it was up and down. I highly recommend it:)

was a beautiful trail.....we had fun

Beautiful falls, but a bit slick at the end.