Proxy Falls Loop Trail

Proxy Falls Loop Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Blue River, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is closed as of 10/4/17 due to fires. This loop trail travels through open lava fields and dense forest, offering views of two waterfalls. 6,000 years ago glaciers cut this canyon out, now these two falls run over the glacier cut cliff. Lava from cinder cones near North Sister then filled the valley floor. As the water falls over the cliff and down into the porous lava it sinks back underground so it appears as if the water just disappears, without an outlet.

Went in middle October. The leaves were changing and just gorgeous.

Had the place to myself today! Got there early and it was raining but I loved it. Got slightly confused with parts of the trail but figured it out. One of my new favorite hikes! Good for all skill levels. There's two ways to go in. I went on the trail on the right. The foliage was beautiful.

Beautiful hike!!

The falls were beautiful and enormous! Short, easy hike and I would 100% recommend the hike to anyone.

Beautiful short easy hike - the lower falls are gorgeous and since it’s end of September- can only imagine how full they are in the spring . The fall colors of the vine maple against the black lava/obsidian is breathtaking...Definitely coming back!

Hike for any level hiker! Beautiful waterfall that you can hike right to the base of the fall for spectacular photos.

9/19/18
Do both falls, it’s a short loop trail with an offshoot to each of the waterfalls...they’re not visible from the main loop. If you are able, hike to the base of the lower falls and up the side of the upper falls. If for some reason you only have time for one, do the lower falls...the way the water cascades and breaks up is really quite beautiful.

easy and fun

Great short hike. Really easy. You start walking through the forest for a bit, then through some volcanic rock fields, then end up at lower proxy falls. Lower proxy is the larger of the two falls and the path off the main loop to its base can require some scrambling around fallen trees and rocks, but is nothing too challenging. Upper proxy is great as well, there was a giant pool of water at the bottom when we arrived, so in order to really see it clearly we had to climb up a path to the right when facing the falls. You could do this loop in 30-45 minutes straight, but you’ll probably want to stop and enjoy the waterfalls. We stayed on the loop for 1.5 hrs.

Great trail, very easy. Beautiful scenery.

Easy trail with stunning views once you reach the falls. We loved every inch of it.

The lower falls is an excellent hike if you are looking for a fairly short and easy hike with high reward. Be sure to make your way to the base of the falls!

Boyfriend, me and our dog did this trail June of 2017. Great trail, and our xl dog loved it. The lava rock was amazing! Taking the “off trail” trails to the bottom of the falls is worth it.

Other than a little rocky patch in the beginning the rest was very easy!
Beautiful!! I have MS and my balance can be off often but just using a walking stick made this trail SUPER easy!

I am just starting to get into hiking by myself and it was the perfect length and such beautiful falls!

Super fun and easy trail with a great rewarding view! My personal favorite part of this hike was walking through the lava rock and walking up to the Lower Falls. I wouldn't recommend this hike for smaller children only because in the beginning of the trail there are a lot of rocks and a major tripping hazard for the little ones. Beautiful hike all around and one I will definitely be visiting again!

A nice short hike. Was perfect for a couple kids who prefer to be indoor cats and on a device. We went on a holiday and as expected it was very busy. We will return and do this again hopefully on less busy weekday.

Beautiful hike--the lower falls requires a fair amount of scrambling to get close to the falls. We managed it with an adventurous 3 year old, but it was a bit tricky. The variation in landscape throughout the hike is really cool!

A nice, short little hike! I went counter-clockwise and found that the trail to the left of the parking area is much less rocky. Heads up - the little bridge before the upper falls is missing a plank. Unfortunately, I didn't get the postcard perfect shot of the falls - I couldn't figure out where the scramble was! I'll have to try another time.

Great Hike,, Beautiful trail only 2 Miles Round Trip...
126 hwy, and 242 is Going To take You To The Trail..

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Great hike! Like others said, it's pretty easy until you get close to the falls. I wanted the money shot, so it required some trekking across the river and some climbing onto some rocks, but nothing too scary. Once you get close to the falls, you can feel the mist from the water. Feels really good if you go up on a hot, summer day!

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Easy hike. Only suggestion I have is to pay attention to the signs.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Loved it!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Beautiful trail and waterfall. Get to walk through volcano rocks. Plenty of shade.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Beautiful waterfall, easy and fun hike!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Great waterfall generally a very easy hike till just before you get to the falls, some steepness, but nothing to serious, Eastern half of the loop is easier footing then the western half, start & finish the east if you want an easier hike

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Absolutely beautiful waterfall. A bit of walking through the water to get a great shot of the waterfalls. Easy hike!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Was a very fun and beautiful hike. Amazing waterfalls. Wear shoes that you can get a little wet! And bring a camera!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

I just did this trail today with my girlfriend. It's a great quick little loop to see two beautiful waterfalls. If you are traversing the McKenzie Pass on your way to Eugene or to Bend, make sure to make the quick stop. You won't regret it.