Learn more

Proxy Falls Loop Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Blue River, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 147 feet Route Type: Loop

Please note: When the gate to trailhead is closed, expect an additional 2 miles hike each way to and from the trailhead. This loop trail travels through open lava fields and dense forest, offering views of two waterfalls. 6,000 years ago glaciers cut this canyon out, now these two falls run over the glacier cut cliff. Lava from cinder cones near North Sister then filled the valley floor. As the water falls over the cliff and down into the porous lava it sinks back underground so it appears as if the water just disappears, without an outlet.

Lots of people as to be expected over the holiday weekend. Great for families and little ones. The trail is uneven (large softball size rocks in parts) if you have little ones or unstable footing.

make sure to go to upper falls first, and do lower falls second since it's definitely the more beautiful and awe inspiring of the two. We went at 7pm on a Tuesday just before sunset and pretty much had most of the trail and falls to ourselves, with the exception of maybe 1-2 other people.

Just posted a video of my hike here today on my YouTube channel “Oregon water wonders” if anyone is interested Gorgeous hike with two beautiful waterfalls.. this place is kinda like moon falls but way taller, it rained all day but totally worth it.. definitely a high amount of people here, do to that fact I didn’t use my drone trying to respect everyone’s enjoyment of being there, just filmed and moved on so everyone could have their moment.. also totally worth the scramble down the hill on lower proxy falls to get right up next to it.. I had my mastiff and we had zero problems.. happy waterfalling:)

Another great hike.....lower proxy falls is beautiful and a must to hike down to and get right up next to the falls.....had a blast.

Trail conditions were good nice short hike with 2 different falls. The birding was also pretty good

Completed on 20 June 2020 | Short and beautiful hike. Lightly trafficked, so got some peaceful views of the falls up close for 15-20 mins without any interruptions. Pretty volcanic rocks along the route.

Very pretty and easy, I took my whole fam and we had a blast. To get to where you can see the waterfalls is a bit of a scramble so older folks might hang back, unless they’re up for some log hopping! Pretty crowded, we went on a Saturday. If you’re in the area, check out Castle Rock hike from O’Leary road! Amazing view of three sisters.

This afternoon it was very very wet. We avoided the huge puddle by carefully walking around. The lower fall was rushing with more water than I’ve ever seen!

the most beautiful waterfall I've ever visited

Thought it was going to be dry today but it only made the trail more fun and beautiful seeing all the watrer droplets on the foliage. There weren't many people there, only passed by about two other hikers for the hour and some I was out there. Didn't do the lower falls but I did go to the upper falls. Incredibly beautiful!

It was perfect, got there around 12 and there was suprisingly no one there. We had the trail and falls to ourselves. Weather was great, sun was out and not hot at all! The Lower falls were awesome, the water hitting the rocks was so strong, we felt the water splashing us from far away! Up close we were getting sprayed, and it felt good and so refreshing! Well worth it!

fee

The gate was open so you’re able to park right at the trailhead. We were the only ones there yesterday afternoon. It was raining, we had 2 dogs and a toddler but it was still a very doable trail with gorgeous views of the falls.

Today the gate was open so bikes weren’t needed for the last 2 miles to the trail head. Great hike, never saw another person.

Is this waterfall trail open due to coronavirus? I want to go

closed

The road leading to the trailhead was surprisingly overflowing with cars. The street had more cars on both sides for another mile down the road. Everyone and their mother crowded the trails. People going both directions of the loop. Off leash dogs rubbing up on everyone. They say this is a popular trail, but never thought it was as popular as I saw today. It's a beautiful fall, but I'll visit again when less people are at the falls.

This waterfall was beautiful. It’s a must see.

Fantastic New Year’s day hike- I was the only hiker on the trail! It’s a bummer to walk the road 2mi each way, but the waterfalls were incredible. Trail was a little muddy at spots, otherwise no snow.

Great starter trail for those wanting to get into hiking.

Did this hike today! 2 great waterfalls!

Fantastic trail that's surprisingly short with great views - lava rock, 2 waterfalls, and fall colors everywhere. Easy one for everyone!

Meh. There are more impressive falls in Oregon.

Always beautiful. The lower falls are my favorite if you don’t have time to do the full loop. Mushrooms popping up everywhere right now. It’s a bit of a muddy scramble down to the falls atm so plan accordingly for accessibility purposes.