Proposal Rock

Proposal Rock is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Neskowin, Oregon. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Love walking on the beach, the cool breeze off the ocean, and the sense of God’s peace. We loved it all. Great, fun experience!

This place is a hidden gem. Great place to spend the day in ocean or along the little stream that leads to proposal rock. It's just breath taking. Get hungry stop in a Hawk Creek Restaurant that's at the entrance to path to the beach.

this is not a hike, but it is heaven on Earth. Actually can be rather crowded tho.. what I want to know is if anybody has explored the cave in the rock during low tide. i really wanted to but it's risky.

..I suppose you can hike the rock itself, you may even find trails and I think I might have even seen somebody up in there.. but it's definitely a fight against the tide.

Great little scenic walk. *** Be aware of the tide*** Most of this trail is on the beach and is impassable at high tide.

Light rain, nice walk

Sunday, June 25, 2017

This is not a hike it is a walk on the beach, if you want to take the entire walk I suggest you go at low tide as you get cut off by the water at high tide. I have never been to this beach and have driven past it many times. Like I say this is not a hike and I would have never stopped here if I wasn't looking for this hike. What I found was probably the best unspoiled beach I have ever been on. As I was walking back from my walk a large crab washed up on shore and a seagull immediately started fighting it for it's lunch. All the times I have come to the coast, I have never seen anything come up on the beach that was intact or living like that.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Nice easy stroll on the beach. Quiet little community. Proposal rock and petrified forest best at lower tides...

Monday, June 06, 2016

pretty scenery great walking beach.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Fun, unique beach with amenities nearby.

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

This is a great beach for walking. The waves were huge and with multiple breakers. Flat smooth beach and was nearly deserted mid week in the fall. Not deserted of civilization though, houses line the way, great food at Neskowin at Hawk Creek Cafe after your walk.

recorded Proposal Rock