Proposal Rock

Proposal Rock is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Neskowin, Oregon. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Light rain, nice walk

This is not a hike it is a walk on the beach, if you want to take the entire walk I suggest you go at low tide as you get cut off by the water at high tide. I have never been to this beach and have driven past it many times. Like I say this is not a hike and I would have never stopped here if I wasn't looking for this hike. What I found was probably the best unspoiled beach I have ever been on. As I was walking back from my walk a large crab washed up on shore and a seagull immediately started fighting it for it's lunch. All the times I have come to the coast, I have never seen anything come up on the beach that was intact or living like that.

Nice easy stroll on the beach. Quiet little community. Proposal rock and petrified forest best at lower tides...

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Monday, June 06, 2016

pretty scenery great walking beach.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Fun, unique beach with amenities nearby.

Monday, October 06, 2014

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

This is a great beach for walking. The waves were huge and with multiple breakers. Flat smooth beach and was nearly deserted mid week in the fall. Not deserted of civilization though, houses line the way, great food at Neskowin at Hawk Creek Cafe after your walk.