Polallie Ridge Trail to Tilly Jane Ski Trail Loop

moderate 6 reviews

Polallie Ridge Trail to Tilly Jane Ski Trail Loop is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mount Hood Parkdale, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 8.2 miles Elevation Gain: 2,240 feet Route Type: Loop

Echo previous review. Bushes over growing the trail. I did almost 3 mi up the Polallie leg (maybe 1 mile past the top of the chair lift) before turning around. Guessed I had another mile to reach Tilly Jane but was afraid I would bleed out from all the bushwhacking. Too bad because this had all the makings of a great trail.

I hiked this August 11 2019 and found the southern segment of the upper (in elevation) loop to be obscenely overgrown. I had to push myself through 5 ft tall bushes poking me everywhere for about 1.5 miles. It was literally like walking straight into a wall of bushes, with some intermittent breaks. The trail was extremely hard to make out during that segment and I frequently had to rely on the AllTrails tracking to assure myself I wasn’t lost. Somebody needs to go through with a chainsaw and a shovel but people look at you funny when you carry a shovel through the woods. I didn’t do this whole hike but started from Tilly Jane. Now that’s a nice trail. A sign told pointed me to this trail segment saying it was an easier way up. Lies!

Tue Oct 23 2018