Pittock Mansion Via Wildwood Trail

Pittock Mansion Via Wildwood Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding.

historic site

Loved this trail. Steeper than expected, but I found it awesome that there was a little bit of a challenge. I'll definitely do this again. The witch's castle and the audobon society trails are also super close to the trailhead and are worth checking out.

I would give this hike 3.5 stars if I could and describe the trail as Easy to Lightly Moderate (I workout daily but had ACL knee surgery so the hike down was slightly strenuous on the knee). It's somewhat steep and lightly muddy in a few areas. My Garmin claims I climbed 82 floors. The directions from this app took me to a street with beautiful homes so I missed the hidden entrance and wound up on the Leif Erickson trailhead about .5 mile north. The entrance is off the street and leads down steep stairs to public restrooms, parking lot, and the Wildwood trailhead. The views of Portland and Mt. Hood at the mansion are worthy of the hike. I saw the biggest woodpecker ever feasting on a tree. That was pretty much the highlight of my hike.

Visiting family in the area and am amazed at how close this beautiful place is to the inner city. Great hike!

Amazing. Moderate in effort, track is in great shape. Slight mud in lower spots. I was actually quite impressed with how dry it was. Slight hills, but all great footing. Good for kids, maybe not the little ones (6 and under?) Parking and access was super easy.

You’ll reach Pittock Mansion at the top - so fun to explore as well as bathroom access. Go do this!

Great trail if you want to get out but don’t feel like driving out of the Portland area. It is muddy in some parts so make sure to have proper footwear.