Pheasant Creek Falls and Niagara Falls Trail

Pheasant Creek Falls and Niagara Falls Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Beaver: Travel east on County Road 858 for 11.8 miles to Forest Route 8533. Follow 8533 south for 4.3 miles to its junction with 8533-131. At the junction, turn right and travel 0.7 mile to the trailhead.

I packed our one year old in the front pack, and our five, seven, and nine year olds hiked it. It is easy to go down, a little more difficult on the way up, our five year old complained the whole way back up. I would borderline suggest changing the difficulty level to a moderate just because of the uphill. The waterfalls were pretty small this time of year, it wasn’t a spectacular finish to the hike down but pretty. We had lunch at the picnic table at the end. We only passed a handful of people up and down, which made for a private hike which we did enjoy. I used the location set on this app to map the directions to the trail and it took us down some narrow old logging road. We finally were able to turn around and head back up the gravel road to turn on to the correct marked road to the Forest Service trail signs. There is no bathroom or any sort of station here, also we didn’t have any cell service, so plan accordingly.

Great family hike. Its easy to miss the forest road turn off you need to take.

Trail is a little rough here and there . Hardly any water during late summer months . Be prepared to walk uphill most of the way back from the falls .

I want to hike here. Is this manageable for somebody with arthritis?

Great hike with little kids. Spot on driving directions. Beautiful drive, too!

The trail was well kept. Only saw one other group while hiking. The waterfalls were well worth the drive to the trailhead. Downhill the entire way there and uphill back but not challenging.

Plenty of signage to help point you the ways once on the gravel road. I did do a street view on google to see where the turn off was. Hike was easy enough took a little over an hour round trip with a bunch of teenagers. Not much of a waterfall this time of year.

Great hike with our toddler, ended up being 2.14 miles total.

couldn't even get to it the directions takes you to bfe no where near the spot just turned around was bs

beautiful and not very busy!

Wonderful hike on a beautiful day. The Nestucca River Road is scheduled to be closed upstream from the 8533 turn-off on 4 June 2018. Access from the east side will not be possible for some time. Check ahead before starting up from Carlton.

Loved this hike. It was beautiful and peaceful and the trail was very nice. I rated it 4 stars though because this trail is categorized as easy, and while it was easy for me my older mother in law had a lot of trouble on it and it was hard for her. When I take her, our easy trails are nice strolls through nature, this had a lot of inclined walking. So just a warning for those with injuries or difficulties it's a lot of uphill and downhill walking.

So many bears

One of my favorite go-to hikes. Easy enough but very gratifying and exceptionally beautiful. Plan to spend some time driving on a forest service road to get there.

Love this! Easy to get down, at this time of year can be slippery though. Gorgeous falls and picnic table to enjoy lunch with a great view! Be prepared for a nice incline all the way back up!

Very beautiful hike! Slippery but a lot of water in the winter. I love waterfalls!

The trail was quiet and beautiful. Because it’s winter most trees are dead but there’s still so much green. The trail is fairly slippery because of the mud, and is difficult on the way down because of the steepness. But the hike is quick and beautiful and the waterfalls are AMAZING. A bit of a workout on the way up, not too bad. The drive does have a lot of pot holes, but to me, worth it.

Amazing hike and waterfalls! Easy to get to and well maintained trail.

Getting to trailhead requires several miles of driving on one-lane gravel road 10-20 mph with a number of deep potholes. Sedan and van drivers might be less comfortable along the way when compared to high-profile SUVs. Visible “Niagara Falls trail” signs mark route from US101 to parking area.

350-foot of elevation drop on the 1-mile trail to the two falls and rise on the return hike may be challenging for anyone not in good physical shape. Anyone with fear of heights or small children may want to avoid this trail as steep drop-offs along parts of the trail exist. The trail itself is laid out and maintained well.

The two waterfalls are beautiful and won’t disappoint. Very quiet and secluded.

It was a perfect fall day! I would rate this more moderate than easy. on the way down was a bit slippery because of the wet leaves on the ground. and on the way up, there's quit a bit of elevation! pretty short hike, 1 mile each way, almost anybody can do it. It was really nice and enjoyable. Two very beautiful falls! Getting there was a bit of bumpy ride, very narrow winding road, not very long but takes forever coz you can't drive fast (20 MPH at best). Be extra careful if you're driving a sedan!

Gorgeous hike. Felt like you were truly in the middle of nowhere.

A very beautiful hike! The last road towards the parking area is a single lane road, so be cautious, go slowly, and be alert for incoming traffic!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

It's 5 miles in from the road. Very easy to find just follow the signs. It's a single lane gravel well maintained road all the way. Passing cars will. It be easy.

Motor homes **
We managed to trek in with our 31 ft class C. Again.. narrow single lane gravel road. Be cautious.
We had to park at the turn off for the trail head because the road seemed to not be well trimmed after that. It was only .6 m hike from our parking spot to the trail head.

We hiked with 5 kids, and they all did great.
I will say that it is all down hill going in and a lot of up hill going back. So be prepared. We didn't meet a single person out there so it was definitely secluded. Very pretty. 2 waterfalls at the end

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Nice short hike, perfect for first timers or anyone just looking for a short outing. Respect the area, there are signs posted, there is no camping allowed. Directions from Salem were correct from the app. If you use google maps you'll want to TURN LEFT up a little side road when google tells you "you've arrived" it's easy to keep going and miss the turn off.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Great secluded hike! It's off the beaten path, so there's nobody around. I camped at the base of the falls on a Friday night w/ my dog, hung out 1/2 a day and hiked back out, and never saw anyone. The only downside is the long trip to get there, but you're rewarded with 2 waterfalls. This is a good alternative hike if you're looking to avoid crowds at the easier-access trailheads.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Followed the map directions and all we got were gates up the Coast Creek Road route!!…

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Water levels are low would like to see a little earlier in the year next time, not sure I want to be on the trail if it's muddy. The road in could use a lot of improving.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Great hike with 2 nice waterfalls at the end. My kids were able to do this (youngest is 3). We swam in the pools at the bottom of the last waterfall.
The road to get there is 1 lane, gravel and lots of potholes. Its about 5 miles of that. I wouldn't recommend if you have a little car.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Beautiful trail with two falls at the end.

Monday, July 10, 2017

It's a lovely trail and the two waterfalls are pretty -- not huge and impressive, but really nice. I'm not sure they were worth the drive in. Single lane road, with nearly a mile that is too narrow for two cars so better hope you don't run into someone coming in or out. We did but fortunately they were on 4-wheelers and managed to squeeze past us. Also watch for huge potholes in both FS roads.