Petard Trail and Liz Trail Loop

Petard Trail and Liz Trail Loop is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jacksonville, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

In 1989, alarmed by the prospect of development destroying the scenic wooded hillsides surrounding their National Historic Landmark City, the citizens of Jacksonville, Oregon rallied to form the non-profit Jacksonville Woodlands Association. During the past 2 decades the Woodlands Association has preserved 22 parcels of forested open space (320 acres) and has constructed 18 miles of connecting interpretive and recreational trails surrounding 70% of the town's historic district.

Good short hike

The trail is nicely wooded, as mentioned before, it is next to the highway so you will hear some traffic noise, overall I would hike this again!

The directions to the trails are bad. Never did see the river but it was pleasant. The Panoramic Viewpoint was nice.

Directions took me to a cemetery... I don't know if I just missed it or my directions weren't working but I wasted 30 minutes of my time and gas. Never had this happen before.

Really pretty view from the top of panoramic view/trail (I think that’s the name). There are a bunch of trails we went to a couple different ones. If you donate 50cents you can get a super informative pamphlet. I believe the price is to assist in maintaining the park so if you take one I think it’s only right to donate! Anyways, it’s a super easy trail, a couple uphill but many downhill and flat areas. I would definitely recommend this trail, it has an awesome view and is very shaded. Watch out for ticks! My dog got one in her armpit so make sure to check your clothing and body as well as your pets.

Easy to get too with some really pretty views. A couple steep parts but a rest in there and you'll do just fine. Perfect for kids.

Nice trail, good for kiddos. My boys are 5 and 7, they did great.

good for beginners but not kid friendly. my 6 year old would not have been able to hike these hills. but a great place for me to work out, unfortunately not mountain pretty enough though.

By far my favorite get away place.

Would be great if it didn't run along a major road. The road noise ruined it. But it's great for locals to take a walk or for anyone who wants an easy trail run.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Love it
For

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

kuj cr 8il unusual iigt

Friday, May 26, 2017

nice easy trail. Took my dog with me. dog waste bags provided on trail. beautiful shady creek areas and some fun little informational boards for interesting spots.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Excellent place for a stroll through the hills!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

We walked the Shade Creek trail and it was very nice, shaded, cool, pretty and easy.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

It is easy and good for the hole family.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Love hiking this area and the beautiful scenery

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Love this area!!!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Easy to find. Many different trails springing from one parking area. Different difficulty levels. Something for everyone.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

This trail was really pretty, took a couple of hours to complete, and had a nice variety of nature, but we were pretty disappointed that you could hear the sounds from the busy road nearby the majority of the trail. It definitely took away from our enjoyment of the scenery to hear cars rushing by.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

It's so easy to just hike up and around, taking a different trail each time.

Friday, September 09, 2016

good walk, not quite easy, but it was fun.

Monday, August 29, 2016

This was a fun hike! Trail is well maintained. Quite a few hikers on the trails.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

a good evening hike

Friday, July 22, 2016

Very nice hike for me and the dog :)

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Fun little jaunt!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

the trail I was on was easy with good tree cover, finding the entrance was confusing though, l expected the typical day use trail head parking Google directed me to Jacksonville public parking and the trail started from the britt house which I wasn't expecting. but the walk was nice along a creek with wild flowers now in bloom

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Easy trail, but pretty. Good walk if you want just something simple. Dogs are allowed.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pretty in the spring with the wildflower sin bloom. Lots of tree coverage. Great little trail.

Monday, January 04, 2016

The trails are easy-moderate. It seems to be a popular area for mountain biking as well. There are a variety of trails making it a perfect place for a full day of hiking.