PCT: OR Section E - Highway 58 to Highway 242 (McKenzie Pass)

PCT: OR Section E - Highway 58 to Highway 242 (McKenzie Pass) is a 72 mile point-to-point trail located near Crescent, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

We did an out and back to the Maiden Peak Shelter today. 13 miles round trip. Trail is mixed clear, ice, and packed snow. We used our Yak Trax the whole way. It was a beautiful day. No one on the trails. We think someone stayed overnight last night as a fire was still warm in the shelter.

This is a great hike! A comfortable pace is 10-15 miles a day for me but I could do 20 if I was determined. Beautiful lakes and views 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile off trail are worth the extra distance. Consistent water access is a plus!

Monday, November 07, 2016

I only do about 10 miles in and out on this section. Nice views with several small lakes, one after another. The Rosary Lakes. Farther up the trail is a couple more splits to other lakes? Look forward to doing some of these in the future. Bring your bug spray, skeeters were hungry this week!

Friday, October 14, 2016