Learn more

Pansy Lake Trail #551 is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Detroit, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and nature trips and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,089 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hi, my friend and I car camped at the trailhead last night and we left her short board under the car, then drove away without it (forgetfully). We’re praying that someone saw it and can help us get it back to its owner. Please contact 808.295.6488 if you have any info. Thank you!

So pretty and not hard at all

I’m not sure why the trail to Pansy Lake is rated as difficult, that part of the trail is pretty easy. We made this an 8 mile loop by hiking up to Bull of the Woods which was a good climb, tons of huckleberries right now.

It is a well maintained trail. We camped for 2 nights, had good weather. Snow is virtually gone. mosquitoes are plentiful. creeks are drying up.

Fri Aug 24 2018

Beautiful and peaceful lake

Mon Aug 06 2018

Great hike great camping great swimming

Sat Jun 03 2017

Hiked in with a buddy from High School and set up camp on the side of the lake. Being an amputee, I found this to be rough in areas, but definitely accomplishable.

Thu Aug 04 2016

Nice well kept trail, only a couple of obstacles. Beautiful area. Several nice camp sites for packing in.

Sun Oct 15 2017