Outback Loop

Outback Loop is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Murphy, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The Cathedral Hills Trail System is locate just outside the City of Grants Pass. It is a haven for hiking,mountain biking, and horseback riding enthusiasts. The park includes many loop trails and natural areas among its 400 acres of Douglas fir and Ponderosa pine forest.

Last trail of 7 for the day. Met a fellow Corgi owner named Dennis and shared the last mile or so. Also met another user of Alltrails but the arm that bike users use. He was helpful advising another way to do the trail I was on. Great day dedicated to hiking!.

We like the trails.

good little hiking spot

Good exercise, but not much of a view. Tons of poison oak but none directly on the trail. Found several false morels throughout the hike and only two real morels. I wasn’t interested in traipsing through the poison oak to find more.

Super heavy use, in the heat of summer the flies are bad from all the horse and dog poop. Well maintained trails great for running, and very close to town. Those are the only reasons to go here. Otherwise not very picturesque.

Good trail system for families! Went in the Fall-very nice!

I came down from Roseburg for a different trail and found this trail to be kept nicely but was hoping for a view- it was okay, just not my favorite. It’s a very easy trail and I only ran into a few other people which was nice!

Nice trails for a beginner like me. It’s easy to get lost though. I suggest using your phone to mark the parking lot. Or a compass and GPS is fun too

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Nice trail system right by town. There are a variety of trails for various levels of fitness and use. We hike here a lot in the winter when it can be hard to get into the mountains. Lovely wildflowers in the spring and views of the surrounding mountains and town. I'd just say, watch out for the poison oak as it gets a bit close to the trails.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I've hiked here twice now. I love all the optional loops and trails with difficulty ratings shown on the trail signs. There are some pretty views at the trail high points, but mostly it's just an enjoyable hike with adequate shade for those days when you have some free time after work.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Really easy, even on the more "difficult" route! Shaded, not to hard and overall a calming hike!!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Starting out and will be back. Loved it so far!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Awesome set of trails. I did get turned around and spent almost three hours hiking. All in all a great experience, just pay close attention to the signs!

Friday, May 05, 2017

Easy hikes for when time is limited. Great to get the kiddos energy out on

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Delightful system of trails, you can hike as long or as little as you like.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Awesome

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

great!

Monday, December 05, 2016

I love this trail system. I did this with my husband and kiddos and we did the more difficult trail. My kiddos had no problems doing the trail. We plan on making this a regular trail.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Great for hiking and biking!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

This was a wonderful hike with my good friend Sarah. I'd had never completed one of the trails before but did a full 2.7 miles today.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Love these trails. I've been hiking them since I was little (before they were officially a trail system). There is a lot of poison oak so be careful. Watch out for Mt. bikers. There are all kinds of trails that go off the beaten path but be careful with those too, you may end up in someone's backyard. Otherwise a very easy-moderate hike and safe. Have fun and happy hiking!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great hike! So many routes to take, I could spend hours there!
While my boyfriend and were hiking we found a key fob for a Chevrolet. I have turned it in to the city of Grants Pass Police department. I hope this gets to who ever lost it and you can reclaim it.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Nice hike

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wonderful spring walk. Green and wild flowers every step of the hike.
Mountain bikers are a bit possessive near the top.
Bring water, and your favorite dogs.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

lots of great trails of varying difficulty. beautiful wildflowers. quiet trails, close to town.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

beautiful!

Monday, April 04, 2016

Awesome

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Great place for walking, hiking, mountain biking, or running, or just relaxing with your dog.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Great little hike close to Grants Pass. Nothing too strenuous, but lots of trails to explore. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll definitely go again.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016