Oregon Coast Trail to Neahkahnie Mountain

Oregon Coast Trail to Neahkahnie Mountain is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Neahkahnie Beach, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Hike to the top of this coastal peak for terrific views over the Paciific. This tall peak on the northern Oregon coast has a great views out over the pacific from a viewpoint at the top.

Wonderful! I wish I knew for sure that I wasn't running through poison oak, but that's my own fault for not looking it up earlier. I don't think there was any on the trail actually. But, I was worrying about it the first third since it was such heavy trailer coverage.

Tough hike for someone who is very out of shape, but it was soooo worth it. Absolutely beautiful all the way up. And the view at the top was breathtaking!

Great hike, perfect view at the top of the rocks. There will be a lot of people there. Hopefully no one answers their phone and proceeds to take a business call when you're up there, because I had the misfortune of having to deal with that. "Oh hey yeah I'm at the top of a mountain lol so anyways I think we can get a higher offer."

We parked at Oswald West above the ocean then did the north approach starting at Short Sands Beach (perfectly stunning beach on a bluebird day). Lotsa roots and rocks but trekking poles made a big difference. The hike itself was not crowded but it was surprising to reach the top and find a dozen or more people hanging and taking selfies with that world class view. The going up from the north took me about 1:45 but my hubby coulda done it in an hour if he wasn't waiting on me. Then coming down the south side it was over before I knew it. Maybe 40". Much easier and shorter. Maybe about 6+ miles total. He left me with the dogs and bummed a ride back to the car. Great hike. Great day. Now it's time for a beer.

Disappointed. Short walk to much down trees along path. To foggy, need to go on a clear day if you want to see great views.

A decent trail with a decent view at the top. Wear long pants if you don't like plants brushing up on your legs. Be careful of roots and mud if you are running the trail. It's a quick one to do if you are visiting the beach. If you don't want to walk from the beach you can drive on hwy 101 and enter trail from highway.