Oregon Coast Trail to Neahkahnie Mountain

Oregon Coast Trail to Neahkahnie Mountain is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Neahkahnie Beach, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Hike to the top of this coastal peak for terrific views over the Paciific. This tall peak on the northern Oregon coast has a great views out over the pacific from a viewpoint at the top.

We started at the South Trail trailhead and intended to hike to the crest and return. Missed the turn to the crest and turned around when it was clear we had missed it. We decided to hike up the coast trail to the ocean and enjoyed it. Spectacular view from mountain crest.

Absolutely gorgeous coastal view from the top. Would definitely recommend starting early - we had the summit to ourselves, and by the time we got back to our van the car park was packed.

It takes about 15-40 minutes to get to the top from the beginning trailhead. That's if you're running, briskly hiking. There is a slight scramble

So, I may be unhappy because the view was foggy up top. I was immediately confused about where the trail ( remained) after about 3 miles up, and couldn't find a decent view. I could've easily mistaken the trail since it was my first time.

Wonderful! I wish I knew for sure that I wasn't running through poison oak, but that's my own fault for not looking it up earlier. I don't think there was any on the trail actually. But, I was worrying about it the first third since it was such heavy trailer coverage.