Oregon Coast: Seaside to Crescent Beach

Oregon Coast: Seaside to Crescent Beach is a 14.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Seaside, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 14.2 miles Elevation Gain: 3,494 feet Route Type: Out & Back

1 hour ago

We loved this hike! We only had time to go 2 miles out....next time we will do the full hike. A little muddy but not too bad. So serene... green....dense forest. Everything you want in a coastal hike. We can’t wait to come back and do the entire hike!!!!!

The trail was beautiful, and I went to the base camp which is 4 miles in (so 8 mile round trip, rather than the full out and back). It was definitely muddy in some sections, but doable.

This hike has a great variety of terrain including hills, wooded trails, view points and plateaus. Keep persevering past the steel switchbacks, as it levels off and the views are worth the trek. If you don’t like traversing through mud, I suggest that you wait until August to do this hike.

bridge out

This trail was a lot of fun and had some absolutely stunning lookout points! There’s minimal snow, but a lot of slick spots, deep mud and rocks, especially on the ascent with many of the wooden walkways being at least partially rotted out, but it was absolutely doable (if you’re okay with getting a little dirty!) There are some GIANT, downed trees that you’ve got to scramble over, but it just adds to the character of the trail. We had to road walk a bit due to washed out/closed trails after Indian Rocks Beach, but it was still great and we even enjoyed those sections! If you take the Ecola point trail then turn left instead of right at the crescent beach trailhead you can avoid a big chunk of the road walking through Ecola State Park (if you decide to keep walking to Cannon Beach). We did keep going to Cannon Beach and camped out at the Sea Ranch ($40 for 1 tent and up to 2 people) because there’s really nowhere to camp after the cabins.

Sun Sep 09 2018

pretty muddy spots and trail is hard to find in spots. sure could use some maintenance as we had to climb over large fallen trees and disintegrating boardwalks. We combined it with the trail down from the Ecola viewpoint. that trail was washed out near the end and we had to figure out how to get to the beach. However, with all of that it was a wonderful hike and highly recommended. did it on Sept 8, 2018.

Sun Jun 10 2018

Super fun hike! Took the family and dogs, not a lot of people in the trail which I really like. There were a few spots where I wasn’t sure which way the trail went but was able to find the way after few minutes. We didn’t go the whole 7 miles in because it started to rain but we got a little over 5 miles in. Beautiful views and a cool camping spot we plan to go back to. The first mile is a little difficult but not too crazy. I would definitely recommend to anyone who likes hiking. Not good for anyone out of shape on really young kids. My 10 year old was able to do with no issues

Tue May 29 2018

Great hike! The elevation seemed to just breeze by because of the stunning landscape. Great beach to hangout and eat lunch at the 1/2 way point!

Mon Apr 30 2018

pretty muddy but a very fun hike anyway

Mon Nov 06 2017

Great hike. Couple sections with very poor maintenance - today, November 2017, it would have been very difficult for me to do without a GPS track to follow.

Wed Aug 02 2017

This trail is quite a climb! Lists of roots and rocks. I chose to run the trail and loved the challenge in climbing. When you get to the top of the first climb, the open views of the ocean are amazing. The cool ocean breeze felt great. The descent worked my quads and I got a great sweat. Lots of hikers who were super friendly. I could tell it was a tough climb for most. Make sure to wear good shoes and bring food and water! Enjoy the views!

Fri Mar 31 2017

Loved the trail portions of this hike, except the entire middle 7-8 miles we had to walk on the beach and highway 101. Very muddy during spring.

Sat Feb 09 2013

Hiked this in December. The weather was clear and cold. Not freezing, but with the breezes at night it was very cold.