ollala simple trail

ollala simple trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Toledo, Oregon that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike didn't do the whole hike do to time. But great bring a backpack some drinks and snacks take yer time. Good for dog too. A few trees in the path but still easy to get around. Lots of people fishing on shore and boat.

NAKED ADVENTURERS, A 420 FRIENDLY NUDIST GROUP
This day was a little cooler and cloudy so I didn’t expect any hiking buddies this time. Expecting high 50’s and sun, I got low 50’s and overcast. Still with in my comfort zone. When I arrived there were 4 cars in the parking lot, 2 people fishing, and a group in their car with large clouds of smoke erupting from their cracked windows. So the trail was fairly deserted. Waited around a bit, see if anyone was going to show up, got use to the cold and smoked a pre-hike bowl. No one showed up, so off I went. Once I losing sight of the parking lot my shorts and shirt where stowed in my pack and the naked adventure began.
The hike started out as a double track trail, with an easy uphill grade which followed the reservoir. This soon turned into a signal track trail and dropped to the shore line and across an earth dam.
Started up a ridge keeping a good pace, still a little cold with the sun poking through the clouds. By the time I got to the top the ridge I no longer felt cold.
A wonderful thing starts to happen when you have no distractions, you’re naked in the forest and alone with your thoughts. Almost total silence except for your footsteps, the birds and the wind passing through the trees. No longer man invading nature but man in tune with nature. The cold in no longer a factor, you have gotten used to it or just numb by now.
Listening to the rhythm your foot wind passing through the trees. Bring your self to a state of self-meditation, self-awareness. Just see where your thoughts take you.
This how the rest of the hike went. Go down the ridge, go up the ridge stop look around, and take some pictures. Since I was by myself I did a little exploring turning a 6 mile hike into a 9 mile hike Go down the ridge, go up the ridge, exc.
I didn’t see anybody on the entire hike. When I reached the end of the trail, you have to fallow the road about a half mile to return to the parking lot. It’s now 4:30pm, everyone must be gone by now? Being naked for 4 hours, let’s see if I can get to the car without being seen? Not so lucky, and motor cycle and 2 cars all in succession spotted thrice. At least I arrived to a deserted parking lot.
Even though this was a solo hike, is was still a great hike.

Getting around the downed tree at the start of the trail was not too tough. I love the part of the trail that crosses the lake. Watch out for snakes in the tall grass (non venomous). It can be tricky to know which way to go and I ended up walking 6.88 miles instead of 6.2. The abandoned, half buried car is a little creepy, but the overall ambiance is peaceful. I did this hike in April and didn't see a soul. If you don't like walking uphill, this hike is not for you. The 6.88 (a wrong turn here or there) took me 3 hours. Have fun!

At the beginning of the trail a tree has come down and taken out a foot bridge. You can get around it if you are willing to scramble a little. There are a lot of trails that branch off and it can be difficult to know where to go.

Looked like a nice short ride on a wintery wet day. Technically it's mostly easy double track. Some of the single track brought it up to moderate. As did some of the climbing was steep and sustained. Not a lot of views except at the top of one of the ridges. It was very helpful to have the All Trials GPS trail as I had to backtrack several times on the old logging roads. Credit to the Scouts who developed some of the single track trails. Took about 1.5 hours by bike.

We tested it out today as a run, to see if we could find the trail and maybe ride it in the future. As a run (we are slow runners), it took us 1 hours 37 minutes to complete. We walked the first half mile and the last part along the road.
We love this trail for lots of reasons but we usually take a different turn at about the three mile mark (3.5 miles if you run the whole way). We usually turn sharp left at the fork...errr, trident? This time, we made the right turn and were able to follow the path as indicated by they GPS. Our GPS showed that the route was the same, so it isn't too hard to follow if you stay right almost the whole way not counting the parts before you cross the water. We had one right turn near the end that was not part of the trail so we just turned back.
I'd think it would be great on bikes but lots of up hill, down hill. Perfect for a run or hike. Bring dog water and a dish as the muck puddles will dry up soon and the last half has no water until after you get to the road or back to the reservoir.
EDIT: to correct time to complete

Light to moderate my eye. took us about 4hrs to go through it. it was definitely fun but I don't think I'd do it again.

Beautiful walk on private property permitted by Georgia Pacific. We did a four-mile out and back. I'm not sure how it loops, we turned around about a mile after the dike after the trail became a logging road. The boys who built the trail as an Eagle Scout project should be commended. It was a joy to walk along the lake on a gorgeous summer afternoon.

I use this trail a lot with my dogs. It is beautiful. Lots of wildlife. It can be busy especially during first part of fishing and in the summer for the swimming. I love the view of the lake from the front to the back. If you continue on the trail you enter the forest and that is a whole second adventure of beauty and peace. It is a narrow path along the lake hand build by eagle scouts. There is a gated road that you can use walking. You can canoe, electric motor or paddle boat, swim and fish this beautiful lake. It has BBQ pits and picnic tables as well. Fun for the whole family. All the locals do take their dogs so expect this and do have your dogs on leashes.