Learn more

Old Main Trail Loop [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(83)
Portland, Oregon

Old Main Trail Loop [CLOSED] is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, nature trips, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

NOTE: It has been reported this trail has temporary closures due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

closed

Fairly easy trail. Well maintained. Good for walking or running. Dog friendly. The scenery at Tryon Creek is pretty uniform across the park, but beautiful if you love the forest. There are also many other trails nearby. Tryon Creek is currently closed due to COVID.

Muddy but not too bad! Nice trail to do with kids. We saw an owl! Loved the bridges!

I don’t know specifically what trail I did. I was walking my two dogs and tried to rely on memory - and I got a little turned around. Lots of trails - easy to get confused - this map will help a lot - if you pay attention. Haha. I went 17JAN, Friday at 12. It was semi busy - I think mostly moms at the nature center. Trail itself wasn’t too busy. I ran into equal mix of dogs and people. If you have excited or aggressive pets - FYI the trail is tight in a lot of spots and can make it awkward trying to maneuver. Super pretty - creeks and pools of water on the trail I did. Would go again- but this time more proper; i.e. towels for the dogs to wipe the mud and securing my car a bit better with blankets. Also - good mud boots. I slipped a few times - but my fault for thinking I wasn’t gonna encounter some mud!

It’s in TRYON State Park. The title page needs to be fixed.

to many people for me..

Fri Apr 19 2019

Good trail! Didn’t get all three bridges this time but maybe another time.

Thu Apr 18 2019

Fri Mar 29 2019

great hike. can change trails often for desired length.

Tue Jan 29 2019

Beautiful Trail.

Thu Dec 27 2018

Super amazing trail! Gorgeous!

Mon Nov 27 2017