Oak Creek to Dimple Hill

Oak Creek to Dimple Hill is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Corvallis, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Logging road up to the top of Dimple Hill. This is a more gradual route up to the top of Dimple. Once near the top, you meet up with a single track trail and it's only a short bit at that point. This is an out and back from Oak Creek. About a 30-35 min. climb running, but goes a lot faster on the way down! A great route to Dimple and not as muddy as other trails. Just like much of the McDonald forest, you are surrounded by old growth, mossy trees, ferns and wildlife along the way. Especially in the winter the streams are running high with water.

It was hard finding the actual trailhead if you don’t use the app. I absolutely loved the hike! Such a good workout and my dog loved it as well. I try to go places that allow dogs off leash and it was a perfect trail for that. Another thing that confused me was the satellite on the app. I wasn’t sure if I was going the right way so I kept asking people who passed by if I was going the right way; finally one person seemed to know what I was talking about

Very nice hike with a steep.incline but such an amazing view.

This was a bueatiful trail for me and my dog. We took the shorter option since it was my first time on this trail. I only wish the map had the you are here pointer so I could navigate myself better (I got directions for the shorter route from another hiker).

We ended up going the up hill route and it was beautiful and painful. Great work out. Follow the more worn path, instead of what Alltrails suggests. It will be a more useful climb that way.

great trail. huff and puff at the top.

amazing forest. nothing beat being in between the trees with snow all around. Sure made for a fun trip up that steep hill full of snow.

Great view but hard trail
We took 50 minutes to get to the top
If we took an easier trail, we will need more time

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Another beautiful woodsy hike ❤️

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Beautiful veiw from the top of Dimple hill.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Wonderful hike. Ideal for running. Great view on top. Been doing this route for 10 years and never run into a problematic dog that needed to be Mace'd, as suggested.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Super easy, and pretty! Kind of confusing on which road to take once you start walking, but it all ends up at the same spot!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

As the Overview states, this is a much-used road to the top of Dimple HIll. It's longer than Patterson so it's a bit more challenging on foot and on bike, and there are some steep sections. It's just a nice longer hike for some great views most of the year when it's not raining.

This is a great hike to do in the middle of summer when it's hot in the valley and you want to get away from the sun and heat. The trees provide shade and cool the air a lot.

In the spring, this is where we hike to see small waterfalls and wildflowers, esp. orchids. In the fall is't nice because there are lots of maple losing their leaves so the walk is magical.

Caution: LOTS of people walk with dogs off leash and many of the dogs are NOT well mannered. If your dog does not do well around such dogs be prepared to fend off nosey dogs or even to defend your dog with your feet or Mace. There are plenty of dog owners with fewer wits than their dogs and many end up on this road.

Also, this is a favorite cross bike and mtn. bike road so beware of fast bikes descending.

Wednesday, November 08, 2017