Northern Gales Creek Trail

Northern Gales Creek Trail is a 6.1 mile out and back trail located near Timber, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from February until June.

This area is SO beautiful. I went in the middle of the week and was the only person on the trail but there was evidence everywhere that horses come through. The trail is pretty narrow and you will need to wear pants as the plants will get you elsewise. I loved the challenge of this hike, but honestly it didn't go anywhere! I was expecting a view on the top only to find a map telling me of other trails! I was gassed and turned around. There might have been an observation area nearby, but I didn't see it. I did see birds, chipmunks, squirrels, and a snake. So that was nice. Only 3 stars because of the lack of any good views. Heads up: the trail starts about 2.5 miles down a dusty gravel road; expect to wash your car afterwards.

Nice trail, good parking lot, road was okay (for my sedan). Lots of ways you could turn this hike into a loop. Also if you want nice views follow the logging road left at the end of this hike!

Monday, September 05, 2016

Friday, November 28, 2014

Very beautiful hike over the train tracks and over several logging roads. It gets difficult near the end because it gets steep, and the trail ends at a logging road where it is unclear if the trail actually ends or not, but it is still a great hike where you won't run into a lot of people. There are no waterfalls on this hike.

Sunday, January 26, 2014