North Umqua Trail: Hot Springs Segment

North Umqua Trail: Hot Springs Segment is a 3.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Clearwater, Oregon that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

hot springs

I would rate this trail as easy. It was so beautiful, but a little confusing. we started at the hot springs trailhead. Go over the bridge and turn right, the path will "y" when you see the sign that says "hot springs" and points to the right. it's hard to see that there is a y there as you're coming up an incline and there is no sign saying anything goes to the right. About half way in you'll be dumped onto a road, again with no signage. Go left over the overpass and a trail will open up to your right. About 100 feet in on the trail you will finally see a sign saying tokatee lake is 2 miles.

I started at the Toketee Lake trailhead and trail-ran up to the hot springs and back. It was really beautiful. There was one section close to the hot springs trail junction where there was a big landslide and a fallen tree. Had to scramble uphill around the tree trunk and scramble back down on loose rock. It was definitely do-able, though, just use caution.

An amazing 8.7 miles round trip trial to the hot springs from a parking lot near Toketee fall, with 1,676 elevation gain. It's trail for those who want to experience what Oregon Trail is all about via "sole" :)

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

I am a big fan of trails where I can get a soak in after (or before), heck if I could be in a hot spring on my bike I would be in heaven.