North Umpqua Trail: Tioga Segment

North Umpqua Trail: Tioga Segment is a 13.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Glide, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

(AllWill) great hike. u have the choice to go up or down river at this access point

Monday, May 16, 2016

Very pretty, even with the fire that burnt through a section. There is a sign that says closed but pay no mind to it the trail and bridges are in great shape. I came here to mountain bike and there were white a few hills but still so much fun!

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Monday, January 04, 2016

Beautiful hike.

Monday, September 07, 2015

The Tioga segment can be broken into two point-to-point hikes. The Swiftwater to Susan Creek bridge (7.7 mi) is currently closed due to damage caused by the Cable Crossing fire in early August. The Susan Creek to Wright Creek portion (8 mi) is in great shape and is 98% shaded by cedar, madrone, big leaf maple, and old growth Doug fir. Enjoy the beautiful walking/bike only bridge at Susan Creek, installed in 2012, that offers access to the N. Umpqua trail over the river.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Unbelievably beautiful. The watery Eden of Oregon. Green, lush, naturalist's dream. I didn't get nearly far enough up the trail, but my mom lives in Glide, so I'm going to make a New Year's resolution to finish the segment. Still, if you're in Oregon - and might be interested in the Steelhead of the North Umpqua, you've got to hike back up here. The moss and ferns make me want to throw myself on the ground and roll around in it. Okay, that sounds weird, but you know what I mean.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Sunday, September 30, 2012

I moved to Myrtle Creek (outside of Roseburg) about one year ago and my biggest regret is not hiking the North Umpqua Trail more often. I have gone only two time so far and absolutely love this part of the North Umpqua Trail. It shows that it is mainly used for Biking but from experience this is a great trail for Hiking. Also have seen great fishing spots, so if you're interested don't forget your license! Both times I have gone on a very hot, sunny day but the location is perfect and breezy. I haven't hiked all 30+ miles but from what I've seen this is a great trail for anyone. Dogs are allowed too! I will definitely be hiking this trail again, and also experience the others on the North Umpqua, before I leave Douglas County!