North Bank Habitat Trail System

North Bank Habitat Trail System is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sutherlin, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This wildlife preserve east of Wilbur, Oregon has a trail system open to the general public for day use only. This area was set aside to provide secure habitat for the Columbian white-tailed deer and other special status species.

Beautiful country . We were there for a youth hunt. Very steep if you want to get to the top . But lots of cat roads once
you get up there .

tough hike up to the ridge, but spectacular views. I had the entire trail system to myself.

We hiked the loop counter clockwise - taking the trail on the NW corner of the parking lot. We were happy we did as the terrain was very steep the other way. Stay straight on path if a easier climb. Wonderful views and a couple of picnic tables. There is poison oak at the very top ridge line. The trail was a little hard to follow at the very top. Only saw a couple of people riding horses and cows with calves. We were the only ones hiking!

(AllWill) great work out steep terrain. friendly invierment. ideal for pets got to see wild life couple houres and dogs. i will be going back.

Beautiful! Trails were well maintained and the hike was very peaceful! I had the whole place to myself. I did have to hike an extra .7 miles as the gate was closed off to my vehicle, but it was well worth it. I took the trail up to North Bank Trail (or maybe it was North Plain Trail??) and it was definitely a work out for me, but BEAUTIFUL views at the top! I can see how it would be a muddy hike if in the wetter season. It was perfect for me however.

Very muddy ! To early in the year. We turned around

from the west entrance I hiked up the 1.5 trail on black tail ridge. great hike, excellent views at the top.

beautiful trail even in the rain, great view at the top. However, not well marked at all if you do the loop counter clockwise!

Great Hike

packed my 2 year old. she hiked some. great for many ages. a good bit of the trail is stroller friendly. gorgeous views.

done this a number of times it's actually a hard hike. first mile is a doosey

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

It best in the spring when everything is green and in bloom.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Pretty steep climb but great 360 vistas from the ridge. I strayed off the main trail at one point, following an unmarked path which merged from one to another - would have been hopelessly lost without GPS - recommend staying on the trail :)

Saturday, April 16, 2016