Natural Bridges Cove - North Island Viewpoint (China Beach) Trail

Natural Bridges Cove - North Island Viewpoint (China Beach) Trail is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Brookings, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

I'll have to do this one again. I couldn't figure out the trail. I saw that it's the one to the right of the parking lot, but then it just brings you to another parking lot. I saw a turn and it didn't look like it went anywhere. So I didn't get to see too many views. But what I got to see was still beautiful.

Go right at the parking lot. Beautiful!

WATCH OUT FOR POISON OAK! Hiked around here and Secret Beach and got into lots of poison oak. Look it up and be familiar with it. Serious stuff!

Really easy hike, nice view!

The bridges view is literally 100 feet from your car. It is gorgeous.

Beautiful it's just so much to take in... it's immense!

This often bypassed gem is one of Southern Oregon's finest state parks, esp. the cove. South of the cove, you can beat back the bushes (unless they've been cut) and find headlands where you can sit and have lunch or just enjoy the spectacular view. I've hiked this park many times of 40 years.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Short and sweet. Only went to the first look out. Was foggy for us but it was still beautiful.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Nice little walk. I've never done it without doing some of the trails north or south. Great to go in there and hike to Arch rock.

Friday, May 27, 2016

We did this hike a while back and it was just beautiful!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

We didn't get the chance to take much of a hike as the trail down to the bridges were closed. There are birds nesting so who knows when that trail will be opened. It was beautiful views from what we Did get to see.

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Great views beautiful

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Enjoyed this trail a lot! Great views of the ocean, beaches and all the coast has to offer. We took our dog, and he did great, the beach was his favorite part! We didn't go down the trail to the arches as it was fenced & closed due to dangerous conditions according to signs.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Great views of the ocean and other rock formations.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Fabulous views of rock formations along the southern Oregon coast.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

One of my favorite Oregon Coast spots, the biggest problem in this area is getting the awesome views without the fog! Park at the natural bridge tunout where you will find the trailhead at the southend of the parking lot. When you take the trail down toward the arches if you chose to stay left and go down the steep trail to the arch be forwarned the crossing of the arch is harder then it looks from above espiecially if it's cold and wet (like all the time) and the sea below you looks angry! I wouldn't suggest crossing the arch but many braver ones have! If you follow the well traveled trail South it will take you to China Beach another beautiful place. I'm sorry I can't seem to find my pics for here right now, when I find them I'll post it.