Multnomah Falls Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

The majority of this area is currently closed due to the fire of 2017. You can hike to the bridge (marked on the trail map with a waypoint) but not further.

Loved coming here! so beautiful! a trip with remembering for a long time! it was a bit chilly when I went there, but I had a warm jacket on, so that took care of it.... make sure to bundle up when going on a cold day. it was packed, but we found some parking! so picturesque! a must go. it's practically nothing to go up to the bridge, but still wear good shoes. Have fun!

Nice easy walk and a beautiful waterfall! Was pretty busy there even on a weekday in late November. Definitely recommend going early to miss the crowds

Was easy and fun hike. It’s pretty muddy right now when you get to the overlook from the top of the falls. My dog loved this hike and the switch backs tired him out.

the trail is open to the top of the falls. fire damage evident, lots of new growth on the forrest floor.

Beautiful!!

I am not from this area. I along with several other cars pulled over and parked in front of the gate right off the highway and waited for the gate to open. I read online and it says that it works off sensors and opens as several cars leave. After seeing about 20 cars leave and it never opened I got frustrated and decided to try my luck by going up the highway and turning around and entering from the other side. There is no gate on the other side. You go straight in. Beautiful waterfall.

I'd suggest going to any of the other waterfalls in the area.

This is extremely packed with tourists, and the top of the trail is closed due to fire damage.

As of now, the old highway is closed due to the Sept 2017 fire that burned though. The view of the waterfall is gorgeous but i does get really crowded. Was able to hike up to the bridge, but any further hiking was closed off.

The trail is super short and currently closed. Not a bad trail but the bride and waterfall get very crowded as the day rolls on. I recommend going early. Right bow everything is fenced off, I would wait until the trail is open and the area has had some chance to regrow after these fires

Quick but worth it. stunning views, way too busy

Great falls to see if you haven’t check it out before. Crowded with tourist but it is a sight to see and enjoy. Many of the trails are closed off due to the fire from 2017.

Beautiful. Sad it was closed at the end of the bridge. Hopefully it will be open next time. Lots of people too.

Beautiful views and falls. Well marked and paved. Was bummed the trail was closed at the bridge. Still worth seeing the falls. Parking was a breeze because we went early.

Well paved and easy walk up to the bridge. Well maintained.

Easy trail, well paved, quite a bit of incline. The river that flows into the waterfall at the top is very fun to play in. The water is nice and cold to cool you off after the hike.

The waterfall itself is magnificent, and the bridge adds a unique vantage point and looks pretty cool in photos too. I gave it 3 stars because unless you come super early or super late, you’re going to be with hundreds of other people. If you can manage to come when there’s little to no crowds, it’s easily a 5 star waterfall.

We visited today with our two-year-old. While the hike above/after the bridge is closed, we had a nice quarter-ish mile walk up to the bridge, which is a main viewing point of the falls. Had a kid in a carrier backpack going up the hill, so the round trip was brief, but still made us break a little sweat. Uphill walk but nicely paved. Expect a crowd on the bridge. Parking lot leads right to the falls, so you can’t miss it. Only giving four starts bc main hike was closed and the first viewpoint should be marked as a separate east hike.

Went early in the morning, less crowded. Fantastic view from top. Lots of switchbacks.

WARNING: Too busy as we were passing through. Exit 28 currently does not go through to the lodge. The road is closed. We heard from others that the bridal veil falls we stopped at we’re just as pretty, but not as tall.

Was hoping to do the hike to the top of the falls, but it was still closed off from the fire. The short quarter mile walk up to the bridge is easy. It was crowded on the bridge but beautiful falls!

Beautiful falls, easy to see but super crowded.... We went on a weekday morning and still had to wait to get into the bridge. Glad we saw it... But wouldn't do it again

Did the 1.8 out and back. Beautiful waterfall, pretty busy. Top portion of the trail (6 mi) closed.

Fun little hike. Pretty. Short, but fairly steep so I felt like I got some exercise, too.

Still closed above the bridge.

off road driving

The trail is still closed but we got a chance to view the falls, amazing view.

when will this be open ???

I’m grateful I did this hike last year when I was able to. It wasn’t in my original plan, to do this hike but to hear, it’s closed, I’m so happy I did. The trial is mostly up hill not too bad let’s just say I made it up and that’s all that matters. Once at the top it all worth it and I was all smiles. I saw an eagles nest on the way down, chipmunks, got chance to taste the water, and the upper view of the waterfall was simply Amazing. When it opens back up I will definitely do it again.

This hike set the bar too high for the rest of the hikes in my life. BEAUTIFUL scenery. Can get pretty crowded but totally worth it.

Visited during thanksgiving weekend. Beautiful.

Gorgeous trail! I've done it a while back, bummed that it is closed now. Still a gorgeous drive, and its worth going to see the falls