Multnomah Falls Trail

Multnomah Falls Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Creme de la creme of tourist destinations.

Beautiful morning, moderately difficult but I saw a pregnant women make it all the way to the top of the falls. my boys did as well, ages 10 and 8. it was worth the hike up.

Gorgeous view of the falls

It's busy and beautiful, refreshing and you'll see everyone from folks trying their first set of switchbacks to that impressive person that runs by you three times while you're hiking. I recommend going clockwise around the path, all the elevation is right there and you get warmed up before an easy stroll through the rest.

We did this before eating a ton of food in Portland, I highly recommend it. If you do it, go early, the parking lot gets nuts on weekends.

Nice little hike with great views of the gorge.

It's a must when you come to Oregon, from the parking lot you can already see the waterfall and bridge. The hike up to the bridge is very easy. This place is very touristy. I didn't have the chance to go to the top of the waterfall, but still an amazing experience! I went early, maybe about 8am to avoid crowds.

A gorgeous stop regardless of the crowds. You can see the waterfall without much walking/hiking so it definitely attracts a lot of people!

A very nice trail regardless of the insane amount of switchbacks it has, I did it counter clockwise and I see why people say do it clockwise. Nonetheless its a great trail especially going down and seeing all the waterfalls along the way. I did the Wakeena Loop to Devil's Rest (which ended up being a pile of rocks sadly but I guess that's where the name came from), then back down to the Wakeena Loop and finishing off at the Multnomah Falls overlook and lodge.