Multnomah Falls Trail

Multnomah Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Traveling West on Interstate 84, you may access Multnomah Falls via the Historic Columbia River Highway at Exit 35 or you may use the freeway parking lot by taking Exit 31. If you are traveling East on Interstate 84, you may access Multnomah Falls via the Historic Columbia River Highway at Exit 28 or you may use the freeway parking lot by taking Exit 31 It is recommended that people with disabilities use Exit 28 (traveling East Bound) or Exit 35 (East and West Bound) for direct access to the lodge. If you are traveling East and would like to see the key waterfall area in the gorge you may take Exit 17 or 18 and follow the Historic Columbia River Highway. OR if you would like to see more waterfalls, take exit 28 and drive east on the Historic Columbia River Highway (AKA E. Crown Point Hwy) until you arrive at Multnomah Falls Lodge. Its a beautiful drive.

We visited today with our two-year-old. While the hike above/after the bridge is closed, we had a nice quarter-ish mile walk up to the bridge, which is a main viewing point of the falls. Had a kid in a carrier backpack going up the hill, so the round trip was brief, but still made us break a little sweat. Uphill walk but nicely paved. Expect a crowd on the bridge. Parking lot leads right to the falls, so you can’t miss it. Only giving four starts bc main hike was closed and the first viewpoint should be marked as a separate east hike.

Went early in the morning, less crowded. Fantastic view from top. Lots of switchbacks.

WARNING: Too busy as we were passing through. Exit 28 currently does not go through to the lodge. The road is closed. We heard from others that the bridal veil falls we stopped at we’re just as pretty, but not as tall.

Was hoping to do the hike to the top of the falls, but it was still closed off from the fire. The short quarter mile walk up to the bridge is easy. It was crowded on the bridge but beautiful falls!

Beautiful falls, easy to see but super crowded.... We went on a weekday morning and still had to wait to get into the bridge. Glad we saw it... But wouldn't do it again

Did the 1.8 out and back. Beautiful waterfall, pretty busy. Top portion of the trail (6 mi) closed.

Fun little hike. Pretty. Short, but fairly steep so I felt like I got some exercise, too.

Still closed above the bridge.

off road driving

The trail is still closed but we got a chance to view the falls, amazing view.

when will this be open ???

I’m grateful I did this hike last year when I was able to. It wasn’t in my original plan, to do this hike but to hear, it’s closed, I’m so happy I did. The trial is mostly up hill not too bad let’s just say I made it up and that’s all that matters. Once at the top it all worth it and I was all smiles. I saw an eagles nest on the way down, chipmunks, got chance to taste the water, and the upper view of the waterfall was simply Amazing. When it opens back up I will definitely do it again.

This hike set the bar too high for the rest of the hikes in my life. BEAUTIFUL scenery. Can get pretty crowded but totally worth it.

Visited during thanksgiving weekend. Beautiful.

Gorgeous trail! I've done it a while back, bummed that it is closed now. Still a gorgeous drive, and its worth going to see the falls

Trail is still closed but the falls are beautiful.

We hiked this trail in March 2017. It was strenuous going up. Bring plenty of water and protein food. It was worth it. Stunning views at the top. Watch out for people with dogs. They should not bring dogs on this trail.

They opened the bottom platform- might be the only chance you’ll get a picture of the falls without someone standing on the bridge haha
Awesome falls, 3 stars only because hike isn’t open yet :(

Beautiful view of the falls but trails are closed I heard till April. Sad I didn’t get to do the hike!

Its closed and fenced, but you can still see the waterfall

I can’t wait for this trail to open again!

When we went, there were a lot of people there so it was impossible to get a photo without others in them. Very beautiful though

Get up there early or you'll feel like your on the I-5 during rush hour... Otherwise it's a pretty decent view from the top which, after so many times I try not to take for granted.

The trail was closed due for safety concerns so we weren’t able to go past the gift shop. Hopefully it opens again soon but it wasn’t worth the drive to see the falls through a chained gate at the bottom of the trail.

quick and easy trail that was extremely crowded when I went. parking was also difficult.

Main viewpoint is closed due to fire damage

Oregon is such a beautiful state. Amazing hike and also easy. We even had dinner near the falls at a little restraunt from the bottom of the hike. So gorgeous and the scenery was worth seeing. recommended for all people!

The main viewpoint doesn’t require any work at all, but beyond that the trail becomes steep, but the view is worth it. The trail was relatively quick as well, and I was able to go to a few others.

My sister brought me here the day the fire started. Was really beautiful and popular as well. So glad I got to see this then.

This trail is closed until 2018 per USFA due to Eagle Creek Fire

Same complaints that I have with Oneonta Gorge. Waterfalls are beautiful, and the place is a real treat during the winter months. During spring and summer there are too many awful people.