Mount Pisgah Trail

Mount Pisgah Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Eugene, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Popular hike just outside of Eugene with stunning views of the Willamette Valley. Adjacent arboretum with nature walks. The summit offers a panoramic view of the southern Willamette Valley and includes a bronze relief sculpture illustrating the surrounding topography and identifying many nearby geographic features. At the base is Mount Pisgah Arboretum a 209-acre living tree museum. Its riverside trails, quiet paths through evergreen forests, water garden teeming with life, bright wildflower meadows, and open views across oak savannas delight all ages. Parking Fee $4

Love the whole arboretum. Saw a screech owl napping in a tree on my last hike.

Great views and terrific scenery on just about every trail. Check out the Three Sisters mountains to the East once you reach the summit!

Trail #1 is moderate with incline to the summit. A few benches are scattered throughout the trail to help with rest if needed. Trail #3 will meetup with trail #1 about midway. Once you reach the top walk around the summit and enjoy the views.

Great hike! Took the 2nd right on the way down (trail #4) and got to see a really beautiful forest! Total distance was increased to 3.9 miles.

beautiful way to explore the outdoors. Don't care for the main trail but the lower ones are great

I love hiking this trail, lots of foot traffic and some horses. Its beautiful!. You get your work out. Few minutes out of town.

Great conditioning hike if you move fast. Decent incline whole way up. Okay views at the summit, however only of the east side. Would go again mainly because its 10 minutes from town, and easy to get too.

One of my first hikes after arriving to Oregon from out of state. I liked that it was a short drive from Eugene and easy to get to, perfect for an afternoon hike. You pay a $4 parking fee at this little machine by the parking lot, but it only takes credit/debit, no cash payment option... unless there's someplace to pay in person that I didn't know about! In any case, it was a really pretty arboretum with lots of well marked trails for you to meander along the river, through the trees, or up the mountain. I went on a Sunday afternoon and there was a fair amount of traffic on the trails, but there were also stretches of solo hike time. Nothing wrong with passing some friendly faces and friendly puppers along the way! I thought I was in decent shape but the incline up Mt. Pisgah really took it out of me! I had to stop a few times to catch my breath. Nice view from the top, and lots of space to sit or read or ponder if you're prone to doing that on mountaintops. Oh, and at the base there were clean restrooms and a fountain for filling your water bottle, which was a welcome sight for me. I imagine you could make a full day of hiking here, or just go for a shorter jaunt like I did. I logged the trip on Strava, which says I was moving for about 1.25 hours for a 4 mile loop meandering around and on the mountain, though there was lots of rest time (for catching breath and pondering on the mountain top).

Beautiful terrain various from dry to lush. I would say this is light moderate.

Trails are nice and well marked, that’s always a plus, lol. Loved the hike :)

Very well maintained, even in the winter (with the obvious exception of some mud!). Quite a bit of open space, but also lots of trees for hiking on rainy days ♥️

Great hike with lots of options!

Beautiful views! I’d consider it a moderate hike.

less crowded then spencers butte, but about the same difficulty, be aware you have to pay to park. also try the trail up from the back side if you like a few people

Mt. Pisgah offers a variety of trails for all fitness levels. The views from the summit are stunning. Equally beautiful are the trails just beyond the event center which are not as physically challenging and where many trees are identified. Plus, this park has nice restrooms.

Good uphill hiking, easy to follow trail. During colder months watch for ice near summit but I haven't seen enough ice to make me turn around! I take some of my elderly clients here for some good nature time, making it to the top is so worth it.

awesome workout with a spectacular view!

My friends and I didn’t reach the top, but the trail we went up was a lot of fun while still being a moderate hike!

Easy to moderate . Good for families really enjoyable

Nice trail system close to town. Vistas, forest, oak savannah, a variety of views.

Fairly easy hike, the reasons to go are that it's conveniently located to Eugene and can be used to train for more difficult feats.

Their are several trails. Trail 1 and 6 summit. Several trails connect to these two trails. Lots to explore. Depends on the year but wildflowers, mushrooms, abundance of wild life. Great steep grade up and down with unobstructed views of Eugene, Springfield and beyond.

I love hiking Pisgah from the back side near Pleasant Hill

So many ways up with so many views!!! Love it! Quite the challenge!!

I love hiking this trail. It's a great workout (especially with a toddler on my back). Dog friendly trail. Great view at the top.

Fun hike with a variety of different landscapes to see around the mountain. Wetlands and woods too the view at the top give a couple of different types of hikes around here.

Know what poison oak looks like before you go. It is everywhere and does not have leaves in the winter months so it blends right in. Bronze solstice sighting pedestal at the summit is really nice, go on either solstice and watch the sunrise or sunset through slots in the base.

Beautiful view from the top!

Good place for a quick hike, it seems like a good place to hike if you're trying to get into better shape for larger feats thanks to the relatively consistent uphill slope

Challenging trail if you're starting to get back in shape. I would do it again though.