Mouth of South Fork

Mouth of South Fork is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Prospect, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful hike! I just had a bad experience when I did it... about 2 miles in I realized I had about 20 ticks on me... I immediately turned around and had to keep stopping to wipe of at least that many again and again... go when it's been hot long enough to kill most of them off. Or soak yourself in deet. It's is very pretty!

This trail is currently only a 5 mile out and back. At 2.5 miles there are trail arrow markers on a tree telling you to make a U turn. I continued on the trail past the U turn sign, the trail was washed out landslide style in a couple places, a few downed trees and about 1/4 mile past the U turn sign the trail becomes completely impassable. I liked the trail that was available, great scenery, enough elevation change to make it an easy hike instead of just a walk.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Just did this hike. It is a litte further than they said. But still
Enjoyed the hike.
Very easy hiking.
;)

Monday, February 06, 2012

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Beautiful hike in the Fall. We just took this hike and it was actually 5.8 miles one way according to the Peyette Bridge Trailhead sign, which was where we started. The parts of the trail were covered with autumn leaves. There were lots of foot bridges and 3 larger bridges and a few spring falls feeding into the Rogue River. The gorge was a bit depleted this time of year but the river was flowing nicely. At the end of the the trail from south to north, the last 0.8 miles is a 600ft incline that ends at the Mill Creek Rd. We did a round trip for a total of over 11 miles. Great hike!!