Mountain of the Rogue Loop

Mountain of the Rogue Loop is a 6.3 mile loop trail located near Rogue River, Oregon that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for trail running, nature trips, and mountain biking.

The trail is well kept because it's primarily used for mountain biking. Some really fun switch backs and birm shots! The ecosystem changed from sunny manzanita covered hills to moss covered chilled woods. I got a nice little cardio workout on my way up which was 4 miles to Tin Cup Peak. There are multiple trails, some of which are marked "bikes only". The way up had some nice views of the Valley of the Rogue with all the fall colors. I was disappointed at the top because there wasn't a view where I landed. They are furthering this trail system to cover the back side of the mountain as well. The reason I won't go back here is I-5 is simply too close and I could hear the hwy most of the 7 mile hike. If you don't don't mind the noise you'll love this hike. Watch out for bikers :)

Nice trail with pretty fall manzanitas. The trail is shared with mountain bikers, we saw 4. The trail starts near I5, so traffic noise is present for first bit.