Mountain Lakes Loop Trail

Mountain Lakes Loop Trail is a 16.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Klamath Falls, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Mountains Lake Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile trail that loops around the mountain lakes and can be accessed from 3 different trails: Varney Creek Trail (4.4mi), Mountain Lakes Trail (5.1mi), and Clover Creek Trail (3.6mi). Total mileage based off of Varney. Aspen Butte is highest point on trail at 8208ft

Such a pretty trail! Not another single person around which made for a lovely hike.

Good hike, middle of summer (July 20th) was hot during the hike in and out, especially closer to the trail head. The hike is steadily up hill the whole way until you get to the base of the caldera, then it becomes a bit steeper. First you come to Eb and Zeb lakes and then Lake Como where there is at least one camp site. We kept going to Lake Harrriette which is beautiful! Several camp sites around the north and north east section of the lakes. We were the only ones there on a Friday night but passed 3-4 groups of day hikers on the way out Saturday morning. We didn't have time to make the full loop so we hiked out the same way we came in. Only complaint is the mosquitoes. We were warned that they were bad in June and early July but mid-late July was still pretty bad. Consider yourself warned. Great hike, only bad part was the little devils.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Saturday, June 06, 2015

I couldn't find this trail but I found one of them that are on the same group. Definitely need mosquito spray. After I buy me some mosquito spray going to go back and explore some more over there

Friday, May 22, 2015

Nice trail with pretty little lakes.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Love the lakes up here. Good workout, mosquito spray is a must for summer months.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Very few people, usually. Some difficult ups and downs. Scenic lakes. Take the bug spray if you are hiking along the creek section late in the afternoon. Overall, one of the best hikes in Mountain Lakes Wilderness.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Lake como and lake harriot are amazing! Lake harriot is an alpine lake gem! The water is so clear and it's very peaceful here! There was a lot of Mosquitos though!!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hiked 10/24-10/25 and took me two days to hike the Varney Trail and Mountain Lakes Loop Trail going clockwise. Bring water and blankets this time of year. I didn't bring enough and I froze.